What kid does not like play dough? Now you can make your very own Homemade Playdough! As a mom though…sometimes I am not a big fan. It always seems to get EVERYWHERE. But it is not without its bonuses. It entertains at our home for a long time. And I usually end up joining in the fun. It is hard to resist squishing the warm, soft dough.
We have used this recipe for several years. This homemade play dough smells delicious and has a great texture and consistency. Another good thing about this play dough is that if it dries out all you have to do is add a little water to it and it is as good as new. So go ahead and whip some up today. You will be glad you did. I promise. But I can’t promise that it won’t end up all over the kitchen floor and maybe even your carpet if your kids are as messy as mine.
Homemade Play Dough
1 cup flour
1/4 cup salt
2 tablespoons cream of tartar
1 package unsweetened Kool-Aid or food color/essential oils
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup water
- Mix flour, salt, cream of tartar and Kool-Aid in a medium pot.
- Add water and oil.
- Stir over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes.
- When mixture forms a ball in pot, remove.
- Knead until smooth.
- Play and explore with this fragrant, brightly colored dough as you would any play dough.
- Put in a plastic bag and refrigerate to store.