Peppermint Foot Scrub Recipe

Make your own Peppermint Foot Scrub in a few simple steps with simple and easy to find ingredients…

sugar-scrub theidearoom.net

Remember the brown sugar scrub recipe I shared awhile back? How about making some yummy smelling, skin softening, Peppermint Foot Scrub? Perfect for the mother-to-be or the soccer mom who is constantly on the go. This stuff is amazing. The best part is how shockingly simple it is to make.

You will need the following ingredients:

Take 1 cup granulated sugar and pour into a mixing bowl. Gradually add your favorite Olive Oil or Coconut Oil and mix together until you have a slightly wet, but grainy consistency (really, whatever looks good to you).

Add a few drops of Peppermint Essential Oil. Transfer the scrub to a cute bottle and Viola! Peppermint Foot Scrub.

You could really make this recipe with any flavor of essential oil you would like. Wouldn’t these make a nice gift for someone

Other sugar scrubs you might be interested in checking out:

Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub

Peppermint Sugar Foot Scrub

Candy Cane Sugar Scrub

Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub

Lemon Sugar Scrub

Brown Sugar Scrub

Citrus Bliss Sugar Scrub Cubes

Amy Huntley is the owner/author of The Idea Room. A mother of five, who enjoys sharing her love of all things creative in hopes of inspiring other women and families. Connect with her on Google+, or read more of her posts.

Comments

1. 1

I LOVE these sugar scrubs! They are so fun to give and get! :) I made one and used grapefruit scented essential oils… yum!

• 2

Can I ask when the coconut oil solidifies is it easy to get out of the jar? I imagine you would have to use a wide rimmed one?

• 3

From my experience, the coconut oil is absorbed by the sugar and the whole thing stays moist, although not “liquefied” per se. You’ll have to scoop it out with your hands (or spoon, whatever), but it’s just as easy as scooping up wet sand, if not easier.

• 5

the coconut oil can solidify but if you put the jar in a bowl of hot water it softens again. I use a sugar scrub at least once a week and it’s THE BEST. I take a bowl of water, microwave it for a minute and a half, put my jar of scrub in it, leave it by the shower and by the time I’m ready for it, it’s ready for me.

2. 6
    Christine says:

What a great idea! I spent awhile last night looking back through your blog posts. You have the most wonderful ideas, beautiful children and gorgeous pics on your blog! I enjoyed “visiting” and plan to come back often :) Thanks for your hard work and for sharing such great inspiration! Blessings on your day!

3. 7
    Christine says:

me again….. I found another scrub recipe online – cause I was thinking that maybe mineral oil would work (and is clear). She lists some different kinds of oils that would work in a recipe like this. Thought you might find this useful :) http://www.aromaweb.com/recipes/sugarscrubrecipe.asp

4. 8

Holly–That doesn’t surprise me you have already made this sugar scrub, you have a great blog. Grapefruit sounds yummy. I am going to have to make that one with the mineral oil that Christine suggested.

Christine–Thanks so much for looking into that. Mineral is the perfect solution. I would have never thought of that! Thank you so much for your compliments. That made my day! :)

5. 10
    Kristin says:

Thanks for sharing this idea, it looks good enough to eat!

6. 11

I know ths is months later, but I just made a batch of this today and it is amazing! I made a test batch for myself and the next will be for teachers gifts at Christmas. The peppermint smells so delicious! Mineral oil worked out great, the scrub is nice and white. Thanks so much!

7. 12
    MishaLee says:

Coconut oil is clear melted/white when soild…I'm going to give it a try!

• 13

Coconut Oil is a great idea MishaLee, it’s so good for your skin

• 14

I use sugar and a moisturizing body wash as a scrub. The lotion I make is coconut oil(grocery store),coco butter, and vitamin E. Add 1 Tbsp. of coco powder and a tsp. of vanilla for scent. It’s very soothing with a heavenly scent. Any essential oil to customize your scent. I like to smell like cookies. I am a grandmother, after all.

• 15

What kind of cocoa powder do you use for the scrub?

• 16
          Trish F says:

Remember Mineral oil is petroleum based – so personally I would not use it for anything. You could try either almond, grapeseed (both light in color) or coconut oil which would give the scrub a light “peppermint patty” aroma.

• 17
          Trish F says:

I just use Hershey’s from the grocery store

8. 18
    Anonymous says:

If you're trying to go "natural" with this recipe, I would recommend avoiding mineral oil as it is basically refined petroleum and tends to clog your pores, not to mention the slippery mess it will make out of your shower or bathtub. Try using a lighter colored vegetable or nut oil like the ones in the recipe. Grapeseed or sweet almond oils are great too. They will absorb better into your skin and are much better for your body than mineral oil.

9. 19
    Elizabeth says:

Just made the Peppermint scrub. I used Bel'Olio extra light olive oil (found at Costco) and didn't have any problems with the color

10. 20

Thanks Elizabeth for sharing your new found tips!

11. 21

You could use a baby oil. They are clear and some come in soothing scents that go very well with some essential oils. =]

• 22

Yes i agree avoid Mineral oil at all costs! it is very toxic to our bodies. Also, watch with the baby oil as Most contain Mineral oil! Why they let companies put petroleum into our children products ill never know.

12. 23

Looking forward to trying this recipe! I’m on my feet all day long & I need a good soothing scrub–I would recommend staying away from mineral oil though, it’s some very icky stuff and anything put on your skin is absorbed into your blood stream in about 30 seconds (it is also in about every beauty product on the market) I’d stick w/ an olive/sunflower or other natural oils!!

13. 24

I 2nd the coconut oil. I already use it for my eczema, and my kid’s diaper area… its great for skin, and is a white color when solid, clear when melted. Though with a melting point of 76 degrees I wonder how that would affect it?

14. 25

I have made a scrubb with Coconut Oil, and it worked wonders! leaving the skin so soft. So, I 3rd Coconut Oil!

• 26

Where can I find coconut oil?

• 27

organic coconut oil can be found at Trader Joe’s. It’s solid but melts great in your hands. It’s also very healthy for cooking.

• 28

You can also go to Amazon.com and find really good prices there.

• 29

I found mine in my regular grocery store!

• 30

Walmart carries Luann (southern brand that I’m glad to find here in CO) at a quart for around $5…they also carry Spectrum brand for about $5 less than natural foods/grocery stores.

• 31

After doing lots of reading about coconut oils and coconut products, I’ve settled on tropical traditions online (tropicaltraditions.com) … they have a great explanation of the processes each of their items goes through and many recipes too. They often have BOGO sales as well. I feel like I”m getting the absolutely best product with the most antioxidants and least contaminated.. There is the “gold” which retains the coconut smell and the expeller pressed which has no smell. I use it for cooking and trade it for butter and such in recipes with no problems… and my family doesn’t have a clue! You can buy in different sizes, but I go for the gallon and break it down into glass containers once it gets to my kitchen. Saves on shipping costs and lasts a while.

So, for this scrub I am using the expeller pressed which is clear and adds no scent to my yummy peppermint scrub.
        Hope this helps!

• 32

I use the coconut oil as a face cream – I love it! I picked it up at the local grocery store but also found it in Wal Mart

• 33

If you don’t have any coconut oil, what else can you use

15. 35

Hi Amy,I love making scrubs & bath salts.I usually use almond oil where I prefer to keep it clear.Coconut oil though is a wonderful oil for the skin yet it has its very own special fragrance which might over ride other fragrances,so it would be best to use it as base for coconut scrubs.Almond oil is nourishing,less fragrant & clear.So could be blended with almost anything.But ofcourse this is my personal preference :).You have an amazing blog.Keep the good work up…..always!Tc.

16. 36

Almond oil is clear and has a nice fragrance too.

• 37

Organic Hemp Seed oil is very good for your skin. Great for any skin issue. It has many natural healing qualities. Using it supports sustainable resources too. For ones that worry, it’s not the “high” type!

17. 38

Grapeseed oil. I was told it is the secret ingredient in one minute manicure. (Not sure if it is true), but it is a nice clear oil.

18. 39

You could use mineral oil… I use it for everything and it is clear. It’s great for softening chapped lips too..,

19. 40

Coconut oil is good although is solidifies below 75 degrees. Sunflower oil is another good choice.

20. 41

May I ask where you found the glass containers?

• 42

I found my jars at Garden Ridge!!! Awesome store and the jars cost me any where from $1.99 – $2.99 there were more just depends on how fancy you want to get with your jars.

• 43

I MISS GARDEN RIDGE! We’ve got nothing to compare up here in CO….next trip home I have to be sure to leave room for visits to Half Price Books & Garden Ridge….and take extra monies!!!! Lots of extra monies!

• 45

The glass containers were purchased at my local craft store…Ben Franklin.

• 46

Starbucks frappucino coffee drinks in the grocery store- they come in the coffee section in packs of 4… clean off labels and spray paint the lids white- viola!

21. 47

Amy, I love your blog! You are so creative! I stumbled upon the idea for this and the brown sugar scrub on pinterest.com, and I am excited to try them both. I did have 2 questions in regard to refrigeration and shelf life. Did you refrigerate the peppermint foot scrub? After you made this scrub, how long did it last? Sorry if someone else has answered this! Thanks a bunch!

• 48

Yes! I do refrigerate them. They hold up their consistency and last longer this way. When I make it for a gift, I include that on the tag.

22. 49

Amy, thank you for this! Sounds simple yet festive and I know I would love to be on the receiving end of a gift like this. Anyone have recommendations for where some pretty jars to put the scrub that is cost effective? Michaels? Online? Thx!

23. 53

Hi Amy.. I have looked thru all the other comments and no one has suggested Jojoba oil.. A clear oil and great for the skin… I intend to make it with Jojoba oil and give as gifts this holiday season.. I will let you know how everyone liked it! 8 )

• 54

Okay.. maybe the jojoba oil isn’t clear.. Mine wasn’t soo yellow but looking for more I’m finding that it is… Maybe Almond Oil… Or Grapeseed Oil.. those are more clear then yellow or green!

• 55

Thanks for the input Denise! Almond Oil sounds like it would smell good too :)

• 56

Mineral oil works great and it is clear!
          Also I would like to thank you for such a great scrub.

• 57

The almond oil is the best i have found! My scrub didn’t come out snow white but it the off white color matched with the vanilla scent I used! hope that helps!! and thanks for the gift ideas!!

24. 58

try coconut oil or sunflower oils work great!

25. 59

This is such a great idea! Thanks for sharing!! Do you know how long they last? I’d like to make some for Christmas! :)

26. 60

coconut oil can be found at health food stores…Whole Foods or Trader Joes in the Chgo area

27. 62
    Kara Leavitt says:

I love this idea!!! I use non scented baby oil with my sugar and it leaves your skin so dang soft! I’m so gonna do this for Christmas presents!!

28. 63

I used to work at a well known bath and body shop and we used safflower oil as our basis for most of our oils and scrubs. It’s light in color and in feeling and easily takes on the fragrance of other essential oils. Sunflower oil also works well! Happy scrubbing!

29. 64

I love this recipe. I took head of your warning about the yellowing and I bought extra light extra virgin olive oil and it worked great without the yellowing.

30. 65

coconut oil?

31. 66
    Carrie@My Favorite Finds says:

How far in advance can I make this if I’m giving it for CHristmas gifts? Also, I use Sweet Almond Oil or Grapeseed Oil for my scrubs. I”ve only made them for myself…to test before giving as gifts, and I have a lot of people who are getting them for Christmas this year :).

32. 67

I know this is refrigerated but how long does it last?

33. 69

Maybe this is a stupid question – but does the food coloring come off on the skin at all? Leave a tiny tint or anything?

• 70

I was wondering the same thing! Does anyone know the answer to this?

• 71

The first batch I did put red food coloring and it did tint their skin a little pink so I’m just going to opt not to put any coloring in the mix and just use almond oil, coconut oil and light EVO not yellow using those. It feels great and smells great!

• 72

I learned of standard food coloring leaving a tint on the skin so was told to use a dye intended for coloring soap.

34. 73

I definitely recommend safflower oil. I’ve tried a number of sugar and salt scrubs, and it works well without coloring, plus it’s available at pretty much any store. When using brown sugar, I tried mixing the safflower with almond oil and a little vitamin E (from capsules) for moisturizing. They smell great and have been popular gifts!

35. 74

Safflower oil seems to work the best, and it’s available pretty much everywhere inexpensively. You can also mix it with almond oil, jojoba oil and/or vitamin E for extra skin softening. I’ve done this with sugar, brown sugar and salt scrubs, and they’ve made popular gifts!

36. 75

I’ve tried to look through the comments but didn’t see anything about how long it lasts? If you are making for a gift, how far in advance can you make it? Very excited to give as Christmas goodies!

37. 76

Try using extra vergin olive oil maybe. As Esthetician I can tell you that Mineral Oil while it is clear – is very bad for your skin. Basically Mineral Oil is just a more refined version of the stuff you put in your car (NO kidding). It Just sits on your face so it cloggs pores. I would try maybe a lighter olive oil or maybe a nut oil like Almond or something like that…. Or any light smelling essential oil.

38. 77
    Rita Smith says:

Sweet Almond oil is relatively clear and very moisturizing to the skin

39. 79

1) how much does this “recipe” make? I want to make a bunch for xmas
    2) does it HAVE to be refrigerated?
    3) did we ever get an answer to the question regarding food coloring coming off on skin?

THANKS!

40. 80

I like to do this with tea tree oil but also add some finely crushed peppermints to make it extra minty :)

41. 81
    Angela Lemmons says:

I love this idea! Thanks for sharing! I used sunflower oil and my scrub stayed nice and white, plus the oil has no real scent. Thanks again! I can’t wait to give this as teacher gifts.

42. 82

What’s the difference between peppermint extract and essential oil? Can I use extract if not where do I find essential oil?

43. 83
    megan rosprim says:

Where do you find the peppermint oil?

44. 84

I too have found that olive oil makes the salt/sugar yellowish. Soybean oil (vegetable oil) has a “slightly clearer” color but still has a yellowish tinge. You can add any herb/spice to help color it next time. All though your choices would be limited it would keep it all natural.

45. 85

I used beet juice to tint the sugar pink and included a little vitamin E to help preserve the mixture. It worked great!!

46. 87

I used baby oil with vitamin E. it’s great!

47. 88

baby oil works, and it’s cheap!

48. 89

Coconut oil is white and gets firm at room temp but I love to use it, its has a less offensive odor than olive oil and is great for the skin as well.

49. 90
    LuAnn Smith says:

I use sunflower oil in my body scrubs. It is clear and doesn’t have any order.

50. 91

Sunflower oil will keep it a pretty white color, and you’ll get the same benefit as the olive oil. Thanks for the wonderful recipe!!

51. 92

I love this recipe and am going to make it for my god mother for Christmas !! I bought some oils, but not sure if they are the best to use… I looked everywhere for peppermint , which is her favorite, and couldn’t find it. Can anyone suggest where to buy the mineral oils or even better a scented almond oil? I bought something called Weleda Body Oil, which says its 100% certified natural skin care, but I would really like to find some almond oil or even peppermint oil somewhere. Since it is already so close to Christmas, I’d probably have to get it in a store vs. online…

Thanks so much !!

PS. I LOVE your blog & look through it almost daily !!

• 93

I ended up using just some mint extract from the market (it’s in the baking aisle). I bought mine at Walmart so if you’ve got one nearby, I’m sure you could find some there. It smells just like peppermint, it’s not an oil but you can add some of the extract to the body oil and it’ll be the closest you’d probably get to peppermint oil.

• 94

Thanks Nicole! :)

52. 95

So I made something like this for my mom and had to deal with a slightly odd color from the oil, however.. in order to try and mask it and still be sugary, I added some decorative red sugar that you can just buy in the grocery store.

53. 96

I couldn’t believe the project was as easy as you described so I had to try it for myself – I’m hooked! It made a great Christmas gift and I can’t wait to try different oils for scrubs throughout the year. Thank you!

54. 97

I’m adding my thoughts – I combine the olive oil and organic coconut oil. I also use the scented soap additives from hobby stores instead of essential oils. I made this for all my daughters, mother(s), and friends at Christmas and they absolutely love it. Great on hands, feet, ALL OVER!

55. 98

I use baby oil instead of Olive Oil. It is clear and works wonderful! I can’t wait to try the brown sugar recipe! Thanks for sharing.

56. 99

Hello! I have some advice for you as far as the color goes. I too make sugar scrubs and I use almond oil because it has a beautiful almost clear color and it’s actually better for your skin than olive oil is. although they are both wonderful. Hopefully that works for you, because I wouldn’t want to use food coloring either.

57. 100

WHERE CAN I BUY ESSENTIAL OILS AT?

58. 101

You can buy essential oils at most health food stores. I use it for foot scrubs and also in a mixture with other oils to help congestion from allergies. Mineral oil and baby oil actually clog pores and are horrible for your body. Go with any oil other than those two. You can find diffent oils at the health food store and you will love the results.

59. 102
    SugarPlumFairy says:

Can perfume oil or extract be used in place of essential oil? If not where can I get essential oil

60. 103

Yes on the oil use Coconut oil, you can also put in Rosemary that makes a heavenly foot scrub, or use peppermint instead of the Rosemary. Even adding cocoa and lemon peels makes different fragrances.

61. 104

I make Sugar scrub a lot but I use half white sugar, half brown sugar and baby oil. The light consistency of the baby oil is great and I love the smell the brown sugar adds. I keep it in a plastic container in my shower and use it after I shave for super soft skin.

62. 105

Try using almond oil. It has no color and minimum scent.

63. 106

Have you tried it with baby oil? Or would that be too slick??

64. 107
    Kimberly says:

I love this idea. I actually love the color. I didn’t know what to put in my scrub to change the color of it, so I used a little bit of red sugar that you use on cookies. It looks beautiful and goes well with the peppermint oil I put in the mixture too! :)

65. 108
    Janet Roberts says:

Could try jojoba, canola oils.

66. 109

The more olive oil is processes the lighter the color however coconut oil is white and using turbinado sugar might give a sandy color.

67. 111
    Marissa says:

You can buy nice jars at Ikea for cheap! I bought a few like the one pictures for $3.00 each!

68. 112

I am so going to try this! Thanks

69. 113

I have made this with pure coconut oil and also almond oil. Both stay nice and white. I also used roasted almond oit. It has an awesome fragrance.
    I tend towards dry legs, so I use this on my legs BEFORE shaving. It makes it easy to shave and legs feel silky.

I also would not use mineral oil for anything.

70. 114
    Missmelissa says:

Walmart has wicked cheap awesome glass containers with lids. I swear they hide them. So ask.

71. 115

Looks Yummy! I’m gonna have to try it.

72. 116

use grapeseed oil! you’ll get a beautiful green hue :)

73. 117
    Paper Ho says:

I couldn’t take the time to read thru all of these comments (because I have to leave soon), but the perfect answer to your oil question is GRAPESEED OIL!!! It’s super hydrating, COLORLESS, ODORLESS, awesome!!! I found a bottle at Trader Joes (16oz for $3.49….cheap!). Been using it for dry skin under my reguale scented lotion.

74. 118
    Stephanie says:

Have your tried baby oil

75. 119

i used the peppermint footscrub on my mom and her feet were sooo soft. but we had no peppermint oil so i took a hammer and crushed up 4 peppermints and added it to the mix in place of the oil. my mom says she thot the peppermimt crunchies felt super good.
    ~ sydniluvsandreloveheart

76. 120

Use grape seed oil it is almost clear and it’s also an oil used by massage therapists. I found my bottle in walmart in the cooking section. I’ve made many hand scrubs with it and have had awesome feed back.

77. 121

Hi Amy,
    I saw this on Pinterest and right away I had to make it… I love sugar scrubs and if I can make them myself for next to nothing, even better. I used sunflower oil and my scrub stayed snowy white. Of course I had to try it right away….. and can I just say that my feet are doing the happy dance!!!! The scrub smelled so wonderfully minty. I want to host a ladies night home spa party now just to show this off. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful ideas and I have to add that I’ve just recently joined your blog. I love it!!!! Keep up the good work.

78. 122

Add Grapeseed oil and your essential oil fragrance comes through stronger and it doesn’t affect color of scrub.

79. 123

Have you tried using mineral oil? It isn’t quite as good for your skin but it is in baby oil and is clear. Might be something to consider.

80. 124
    Jean Reccus says:

I am going to use baby food jars!!!

81. 125

Use coconut oil instead of olive oil, coconut oil is white or more neutral in coloring than olive oil-you probably have already figured this out already-

82. 126

There is light olive oil, which is clearer in color than regular olive oil.

83. 127
    Kristina Medley says:

Use baby oil! Skin softening and clear in color!

84. 128

I use coconut oil!!! I’m in love with the stuff and it makes your skin really smooth!!!

85. 129

Anyone know how long this keeps? Could I make it now and it be good through Christmas?

86. 130

Clear light grape seed oil is almost as clear as baby oil.

87. 131
    dawn reid says:

just tried this and oh my goodness my feet are so soft and smell soooo good!! My 2 year old wanted her feet done lol.. Thanks for a great idea!!

88. 132

You could use Safflower Oil. It’s clear and has no smell. I like Grapeseed Oil when I make a Eucalyptus scrub because it gives off a slight green tint, and it’s not as heavy as Olive Oil.

89. 133

I think the color is cool! How about a green or a mint green makes me think of cool and soothing! Def making gifts luv it! Txs!

90. 134

Soy oil is still a yellowish color but much much lighter than olive oil.

91. 135

I see so many posts saying use Mineral Oil. DO NOT USE MINERAL OIL on your skin! I don’t care that it is in baby oil. It shouldn’t be and I would not rub my baby down with it either! Keep it natural and use sunflower oil, almond oil, grapeseed oil or hemp seed oil. Any of these will work well for you and your skin and do not have strong scents. You can get these at Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s. I can get Sunflower Oil at my local grocery store. As for the essential oils, you can get those at any natural food market as well (I go to my local Dave’s Natural Market because I can smell each oil before buying them) or you can go to The Vitamin Shoppe which carries most essential oils and vitamin E.

92. 136

I have my ingredients to make this scrub but I haven’t read anywhere…do you melt the coconut oil first before mixing with the sugar?

93. 137

Hey is there a way to make this more into a lotion or maybe a massage oil??
    Also what’s the best coconut oil to use. I’ve been reading up on it and I think I’m just getting more confused!

• 138

Not sure how to make it into a lotion. Sorry. As far as the coconut oil goes, I buy mine from WalMart.

• 139
      Samantha says:

you can get organic coconut oil at walmart in the grocery section where cooking oil is sold. you get a 16oz jar for $6 and it lasts a long time

94. 140

my manicurist gave all her customers peppermint scrub that was a bag of peppermints run through the food processor until fine and then mixed w/ oil. It was the best!

95. 141
    Emelia Hedstrom says:

Amy I have really enjoyed making your scrubs. I have a board on Pinterest called Rubs and Scrubs, I have posted them there. They have been wonderful gifts. Giving some peppermint to family this Christmas! Thanks for the recipes. I have to make sure I make extra so I can use some too!

96. 142

maybe sunflower oil will do. :D

97. 143

I made this & used coconut oil instead. Mine never tinted and turned out great!

98. 144

Wow! I just tried this tonight and i cant tell you how amazing it is! I’m a dancer and to say my feet felt soft is a HUGE deal! but they were after i used this scrub. this stuff is great!

99. 145

Did you know that your blog is coming up with errors in Opera?
    I needed to open Internet explorer to finish reading.

No biggie, however you may need to take a look at that.
    I’m certain it’s costing you a few site visitors.

100. 146

I found you through Pinterest and I had a go at making this scrub. I didn’t have any peppermint oil so substituted it with strawberry oil instead. OMG it smells heavenly and made my feet feel lovely.
    You can see the results on my blog: http://pinningforbritain.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/peppermint-foot-scrub.html

101. 147

I love your recipes! I literally JUST made the brown sugar scrub, and I thought it would look nice with a label, like the ones you put on your jars. I was just wondering how you made them. Did you make them sticky labels or did you just use paper…..???
    :D

102. 148

If you like the red color and would like to achieve it naturally a little bit of beet juice would give you the color naturally…

103. 149
    Elisabeth says:

I am definetly going to make this. Will the sugar dissolve after a while?

104. 151

Hi! I have read all the comments and still would like to know a few things. Which oil is the best to use? Can you add ground up mint leaves? I have a ton of it. I have seen recipes using Salt instead of Sugar. Does anyone know what the Difference would be? Also does this have to be refrigerated and for how long is it good for? I want to make some up for Xmas Presents and have already been buying jars. Thankyou

105. 152
    mckayla says:

I’ve been wanting to make. some of these homemade products but I cessential oils that smell amaxing an’t find a good place to purchas the best oils.

106. 154

Stupid question, I know, but I’m new at this and I am wondering where can I buy the peppermint essential oils at? It would be really helpful! Thanks in advanced!

107. 155
    Cyndy Fowler says:

Hi! I am making the peppermint sugar scrub for gifts. Does anyone know what kind of red dye I could use that will not make a person’s skin pink? Please let me know soon-planning to try this in next day or so for my “experiment batch” before making several jars. Thank you!

108. 156
    Cyndy Fowler says:

Best non bleeding red coloring for “peppermint striped” foot scrub? Help!

109. 157

I just made a whole batch with vanilla, put them in holiday ball jars, and i have12 gifts for Christmas. With so many women in my family, this is an easy way to give a gift with out spending a butt load.

110. 158

I am thinking about adding crushed candy canes to it! Will have to crush them finely but it will work!

111. 159

What did you use for the pink color?

112. 160

I was wondering if you could add castile soap to these and make body washes?

113. 161

I was wondering if you could add castile soap to these to make a body wash?

114. 162

First hospital I want to have a lot of teaching, clinical and research experiences have
    focused on improving the quality of somatic care among adults
    with serious mental illnesses. Cases benefiting from a psychological perspective is
    not only fascinating but, perhaps more disturbingly, it leads to misunderstandings and broken homes unless the Thoracic marries the right type of support in terms of love-making.
    And, at first, but that is not much information available about the average
    salary.

115. 163

If you add food coloring will it dye your foot?

116. 165

I made this Peppermint Foot Scrub to give as gifts to the “girls” at work plus several friends…it was a big hit. (So glad that I saved one jar for myself to try, too). I used Baby Oil and left my scrub white….found small jars at Hobby Lobby (on half price sale) and purchased Peppermint Oil at GNC.

Thanks SO much for this great recipe!

117. 166
    betsy dickinson says:

This sounds wonderful, and I will be making for my daughter’s 30th Spa Bday Party as favors! Has anyone tried Avocado Oil. I understand that is very good for you also. May have a slight yellow/green tone to it. Thoughts? Advice?

118. 167

This is so easy and fun! Thanks for sharing.

119. 168
    Violet Klein says:

LOVE IT!!!!

120. 169

I like to use a combination of Hollywood brand expellor pressed safflower or sunflower oil and sweet almond oil. They are both cold pressed as is olive oil. The safflower or sunflower oil is also great to use in baking as it does not leave an after taste or color.

1. [...] another link to make peppermint foot scrub at the Idea Room.  I really love this idea as a gift and the monogram, container and bow shown [...]

2. GFG guest tutorials- chapstick and foot scrub stocking stuffers by Oopsey Daisy | kojodesigns says:

[...] with just a few simple ingredients! I used a recipe for peppermint foot scrub that I found at The Idea Room. Perfect for Christmas! I found these containers at the Vitamin Cottage too, although you could [...]

3. [...] in the mood for DIY, you could make a batch of bath fizzies or a sea salt body scrub or a peppermint foot scrub. Cheap, easy, and totally [...]

4. DIY Holiday Gift Idea: Peppermint Foot Scrub « Very Pinteresting says:

[...] the aforementioned peppermint foot scrubs.  I found a basic, easy to follow tutorial over at The Idea Room, and I found really cute containers for $2 that I knew would coordinate [...]

5. [...] about homemade foot scrubs Peppermint Foot Scrubs Homemade Soap Recipes Lip Gloss Homemade 20 Minute Crafts __________________ aka [...]

6. 2011 Holiday Foodie Gift Guide : FITBLOGGER says:

7. [...] will refresh and rejuvenate and leave your feet feeling brand new! For the full recipe, visit TheIdeaRoom.net Energizing Pumpkin Foot Scrub from HealthfulPursuit.com HealthfulPursuit.com share two fantastic [...]

8. Homemade Body Scrub | .:the mind of AllieKat:. says:

[...] first one I wanted to try was the simplest:  peppermint foot scrub from theidearoom. It is simply white granulated sugar, coconut or olive oil and scent.  I chose to use a refreshing [...]

9. [...] Peppermint Foot Scrub Recipe – The Idea Room. Share this:TwitterFacebookTumblrPinterestStumbleUponLinkedInEmailDiggRedditPrintLike this:LikeBe the first to like this. Tagged beauty, DIY, foot scrub, homemade, natural cosmetics, skin care [...]

10. [...] Peppermint Foot Scrub – By The Idea [...]

11. [...] will you be making for your loved ones this year? I know one thing I’ll be making for sure is homemade peppermint scrub! I made about 20 jars of this last year for family, friends, teachers, and co-workers. It was a [...]

12. [...] #3   Peppermint foot scrub:     http://www.theidearoom.net/2009/05/peppermint-foot-scrub-recipe.html [...]

13. [...] know some fellow dancers getting this as Christmas [...]

14. [...] recipe page. Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub     Lemon Sugar Scrub     Brown Sugar Scrub     Peppermint Foot Scrub     Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar [...]

15. [...] foot scrub, or to really keep it real, make your own! Here’s one recipe for a really nice Peppermint Foot Scrub.That’s just one [...]

16. [...] Peppermint Foot Scrub Recipe [...]

17. [...] I’m sharing an easy to make Peppermint Foot Scrub from The Idea Room. Please be sure to check out her website and tutorial. You can read about her suggestions, as well as comments from her readers by clicking that [...]

18. [...] year I made sugar scrub and put that with a sponge in a basket and threw in some gum, candy, pens and fun shaped post-it [...]

19. [...] This peppermint foot scrub recipe will help to soothe and cool your skin. In fact, when I tried Burt’s Bees Peppermint Foot Lotion my feet felt like they were encased in ice for an hour – so peppermint really does cool! This foot scrub, which also contains coconut oil (a real skin miracle) will refresh and rejuvenate and leave your feet feeling brand new! For the full recipe, visit TheIdeaRoom.net [...]

20. […] Foot Scrub (via The Idea Room)- Simply mix sugar, olive oil, and peppermint essential oil, and place in a cute […]

21. […] DIY Footscrub Make your own Peppermint Foot Scrub in a few simple steps with simple and easy to find ingredients! tutorial @ theidearoom […]

22. […] your feet with a DIY peppermint foot scrub containing sugar, olive oil, and essential oils for a simple yet decadent foot scrub, or enjoy the […]

23. […] Peppermint Foot Scrub ~ The Idea Room […]

24. […] Peppermint Foot Scrub – The ingredients for this are incredibly easy to come by […]

25. […] Peppermint Body Scrub These were an addition to the pampering gifts I gave my family this year. I whipped this up for myself first to make sure it actually worked, and it does. It makes your skin super soft and can be used on your face too! I made her Pumpkin Spice version as well, which smells like Fall in a jar. […]

26. […] Peppermint Foot Scrub – You need a little more scrubbing power when you're dealing with dry feet, and this scrub does the […]

27. […] Peppermint Foot Scrub – You need a little more scrubbing power when you’re dealing with dry feet, and this […]

28. […] Peppermint Foot Scrub – You need a little more scrubbing power when you’re dealing with dry feet, and this […]

29. Alliekat says:

[…] first one I wanted to try was the simplest:  peppermint foot scrub from theidearoom. It is simply white granulated sugar, coconut or olive oil and scent.  I chose to use a refreshing […]

30. […] yourself. There are some great recipes that are fairly simple to make, like homemade lip gloss, peppermint foot scrub, and fancy pantry soaps. Find cool containers and jars to hold your creations and decorate them […]

31. […]  Make Your Own Peppermint Foot Scrub […]

32. […]  47. DIY Peppermint Foot Scrub  […]

33. […] Honey Lemon Lavender Face Scrub {Tasty Yummies} Chocolate Mint Sugar Scrub {Healthy Green Kitchen} Peppermint Foot Sugar Scrub {The Idea […]