Organize Your Ribbon

I have acquired a bit of ribbon due to various projects and was getting tired of digging through my shoe boxes of them to find the exact one I was looking for. When I saw this idea for organizing your ribbon, at Capturing the Moment, I knew it was exactly what I was looking for.

I found my jar at Wal-Mart and my doll pins (wooden slotted clothes pins) at Ben Franklin.

In my searching, I also came across some other great ideas for storing your ribbon on the following websites: Little Birdie Secrets, Your HomeBased Mom, and Martha Stewart.

Comments

1. Mom's Place says

That is such a perfect idea!!! I have so much ribbon it isn't funny! Been wondering how to keep it!

2. Char says

I've got my ribbon stored like that, too. The clothespins I found that worked best were from Dollar Tree, in case anybody else is not near a Ben Franklin.

3. Catherine says

It looks so pretty. I have been meaning to do something like that, would make searching so much easier. Thanks for the reminder.:)

4. Rainy Day Farm says

That is such a great idea! I love it. Organzied and cute, how could anything be better!

5. Martha says

I tried putting my ribbon on the pins in the past. maybe if I had that type of jar, it would have worked better.

6. Rane says

oh what a oh so cte idea…I bet my 8 year old would love to give the little people faces before I wrap them up with ribbon too! This really is what I was looking for! What a great
    idea! I think I will need a different idea for my longer ribbons though.
    Thanks a million!

7. **Amy** says

Char–Thanks for the tip on Dollar Tree. I do also remeber seeing some at JoAnn's one time while looking for something else!

8. Jess @ Floralshowers Craft Blog says

Basically I'm in love with your blog and all of your crafty ideas. I just thought you should know… :)

Oh my goodness, this is perfect! I’ve been looking around and spending too much time pondering how I can condense my ribbon storage (I.e. removing them from those peaky large cardboard spools) without their being smooshed into flat folds and this is an ideal solution! So glad I ran across this, thank you so much for sharing this great idea.