Organize Your Ribbon

I have acquired a bit of ribbon due to various projects and was getting tired of digging through my shoe boxes of them to find the exact one I was looking for. When I saw this idea for organizing your ribbon, at Capturing the Moment, I knew it was exactly what I was looking for.

I found my jar at Wal-Mart and my doll pins (wooden slotted clothes pins) at Ben Franklin.

In my searching, I also came across some other great ideas for storing your ribbon on the following websites: Little Birdie Secrets, Your HomeBased Mom, and Martha Stewart.

Amy Huntley is the owner/author of The Idea Room. A mother of five, who enjoys sharing her love of all things creative in hopes of inspiring other women and families. Connect with her on Google+, or read more of her posts.

Comments

1. 1
    Mom's Place says:

That is such a perfect idea!!! I have so much ribbon it isn't funny! Been wondering how to keep it!

2. 2

I've got my ribbon stored like that, too. The clothespins I found that worked best were from Dollar Tree, in case anybody else is not near a Ben Franklin.

3. 3

That is so pretty – love the idea. I have the same jar but need to find the clothespins. Will look at the dollartree, no Ben Franklin near me. Your pics are awesome! Kristin

4. 4

It looks so pretty. I have been meaning to do something like that, would make searching so much easier. Thanks for the reminder.:)

5. 5
    Rainy Day Farm says:

That is such a great idea! I love it. Organzied and cute, how could anything be better!

6. 6

I just love this idea and a few of the others..check out my ribbon storage here:

have a great day ..I love your blog..

7. 7

This looks great! Such yummy eye candy!

8. 8

I tried putting my ribbon on the pins in the past. maybe if I had that type of jar, it would have worked better.

9. 9
    BeautifulWreck says:

Love this idea!

10. 10

oh what a oh so cte idea…I bet my 8 year old would love to give the little people faces before I wrap them up with ribbon too! This really is what I was looking for! What a great
    idea! I think I will need a different idea for my longer ribbons though.
    Thanks a million!

11. 11

Char–Thanks for the tip on Dollar Tree. I do also remeber seeing some at JoAnn's one time while looking for something else!

12. 12
    Corey~living and loving says:

What a totally great idea. thank you so much for sharing it. :)

13. 13
    Jess @ Floralshowers Craft Blog says:

Basically I'm in love with your blog and all of your crafty ideas. I just thought you should know… :)

14. 14
    Laura CheBirba says:

I had linked this post on my blog :D
    here:

Laura from Italy

15. 15

Hi Amy! I’ve put together a round up of great ways to organize your craft supplies on Craft Gossip today and included your post. :) You can see it here

16. 16

Oh my goodness, this is perfect! I’ve been looking around and spending too much time pondering how I can condense my ribbon storage (I.e. removing them from those peaky large cardboard spools) without their being smooshed into flat folds and this is an ideal solution! So glad I ran across this, thank you so much for sharing this great idea.

1. [...] Take your ribbon off the spool and buy some wooden slotted clothes pins. Wrap the ribbon around each pin and store them in a cute canister for safe keeping.{picture from site}. [...]

2. [...] ribbon organization from the idea room [...]