Crazy Dinner Menu

April Fools Day is coming up and we try to do things a little differently that day at our house. In the past, we have made dinner time a little “crazier” than normal by letting the kids pick what they would like to order for dinner from The Crazy Cafe menu.

April-Fools-Day-Games

But this menu is not like other menus. Your kids will be choosing Disney characters rather than an actual food item. They will not know what Disney character goes with an actual food choice.

Before giving the kids their menu items, decide what you would like to serve for the meal. You will need the following items:

Fork
Spoon
Napkin
Main Meal
Side Dish
Roll/Side Dish
Drink
Dessert

Choose whatever items will work best for your family, but you need a total of 8 items.

Then assign each item to go with the Disney characters. For example:

Mickey Mouse = Fork
Minnie Mouse = Dessert
Huey = Main Meal
Duey = Roll
Luey = Drink
Donald Duck = Side Dish
Pluto = Napkin
Goofy = Spoon

April-Fools-Day-ideas

Then when it is time for dinner, get your meal all ready, but do not set the table. Sit your kids down and hand them the menu’s and explain to them that you (and Dad) are going to be their waitress (waiter) for the evening. Give each child their own menu, which you can download here. Have each child fill out their orders directly on the menu or you can take them as a real waitress would.

Each child will need to order 2 items as the Appetizer, 4 items for their Main Course and then 2 Dessert items (being sure that they order all 8 different items only one time each. Does that make sense?

April-Fools-Day

Each child’s dinner will vary depending on what they order. So if one child orders Pluto and a Minnie Mouse for their appetizer, you will bring them a napkin and dessert, and so on for the other two courses.

The fun thing about this meal is that everything will be mixed up. They may not have a utensil to eat with or a drink until the next course, but that is all part of the fun. The kids will be able to eat with their fingers or have dessert before their dinner. What kid wouldn’t love that? Everyone will also have a great time seeing what the others are eating (or not eating yet) as well.

So add a little craziness to dinner time this April Fool’s Day, your kids and you will enjoy every minute of it.

**Click here to download The Crazy Cafe menu.

Comments

1. Letti says

If I didn't have pictionary tomorrow I would be doing this. I am going to save it for another day though. So cute.

2. Amy C's says

Fantastic!! Can't wait to do this tonight. Thanks for sharing the menu template. Love your blog!

3. Katie Davidson says

Our church is having a crazy dinner this weekend! I have never heard of this kind of dinner and it sounds like a blast… I can’t wait!!
    I’m soo excited but my husband.. not so much!!!!

4. Marne says

Can you please put the link back up? We have done this for two years now and I want to do it again on Sunday. My kids love it! Thanks!

5. Theresa says

Thanks so much for this wonderful idea! I did this last night with my granddaughters and they LOVED it so much they are begging to do it again. Since I had one child age 4 who can’t read yet, I added pictures of their favorite characters to the menu. I also printed and cut pictures out. Then they just glued on the pictures in each category. I think you could also look for stickers to save time. It was hilarious! One got a napkin and fork for the appetizer, the other got a cupcake and corn! They are already planning which characters to use next time. I had them go outside and ring the doorbell and had a sign on the door that said “CRAZY CAFE”. I dressed up like a “crazy” waitress with teased hair and lots of jewelry and makeup! We made some wonderful memories and have started a new tradition!

This makes me so happy to read! What a fun idea to dress up! I am totally going to do that tonight! We are getting ready for our crazy cafe tonight too! Thank you for sharing this with me!

1. […] menu, and even light a couple of candles.  I thought it was the best thing EVER!  So when I found Amy’s crazy dinner menu,  it brought back so many fun memories.  In fact, I loved the idea so much, I decided to make my […]