Patriotic Fruit Pizza and Other 4th of July Recipes

Photobucket

Have you ever tried Fruit Pizza? We love it! This year I decided to make it for our Family Home Evening last night to go along with our Patriotic Lesson. It was a hit. And the best part is that it is super easy to make.

Photobucket

Simply take your favorite sugar cookie recipe, I used this recipe here, and then roll out your cookie dough into a nice circle. Place the dough onto a round pizza baking sheet and bake in the oven at your recipes temperature for about 12-15 min. Remove from the oven and let cool.

Photobucket

Frost the cookie with your favorite cream cheese frosting or Cool Whip and then top with the fruit of your choice. (I used a cookie cutter to get a nice star shape and then used that to make the blueberry star).

Photobucket

I love this dessert, but especially in the summer as it is light and refreshing. We have also made these before on individual round cookies. Then had a sort of fruit pizza cookie bar. We had various cut, fresh fruit and let each person create their own by picking and choosing the fruit combination on their individual cookie. Such a fun idea for showers too!

YUM!

Photobucket

Need some more fun ideas for your 4th of July festivities? Check out these fun ideas!

Recipe Girl shares how to make these Patriotic Cheesecake Bars! Don’t they look amazing? I will be making these for sure as my husband is a HUGE cheesecake fan.

Photobucket

She also shares a recipe for a red, white and blue potato salad! A definite must too!

Photobucket

17 and Baking shares a fun red, white and blue cake that is similar to the rainbow cake shown here earlier.

Photobucket

The Barefoot Contessa shares with The Food Network a flag sheet cake to bring some patriotic fun to your BBQ or picnic. Love this!

Photobucket

SugarMama Baking Company has some fun red, white and blue recipes too. I would love to make and taste this red, white and blue trifle…YUM!

Photobucket

Aren’t these strawberries from Rachel Ray so pretty? Love me some chocolate covered strawberries!

Photobucket

And finally…I love this Stained Glass Patriotic Jell-O from the Brown Eyed Baker. My kids would definitely love this.

Photobucket

Amy Huntley is the owner/author of The Idea Room. A mother of five, who enjoys sharing her love of all things creative in hopes of inspiring other women and families. Connect with her on Google+, or read more of her posts.

Comments

1. 1
    Phaedra says:

Thanks for all of the great 4th of July ideas! I have made the flag cake for years! Check out my version: http://phaedraj.blogspot.com/2009/07/youre-grand-old-flag.html
    The Barefoot Contessa's looks more professional though!!!

2. 2

YUMMY!! Thanks for sharing!

3. 3

Here are some cute ideas that I had that I made back at Memorial Day that I will also be doing again for the 4th. Just some other cute ideas that you might like.

4. 4
    The Girl Creative says:

This post is like a God-send! We have a block party every year around 4th of July and I was just thinking I wanted to find some 4 of July recipes. Thanks so much for sharing. :)

5. 5
    Michelle @ Brown Eyed Baker says:

Great roundup, such creative and festive treats! Thanks for including my stained glass jello stars!

6. 6

Fun stuff! Who doesn't love food? Check out some of our fun stuff over at Simply Home and Family. htt:p//www.simplyhomeandfamily.blogspot.com
    Thanks for sharing and come visit.

7. 7
    Marissa says:

thx for sharing :) we have two parties this weekend to help celebrate, so I think I'll choose your sugar cookie pizza and those cheesecake bars…YUM!!!

8. 8
    Julie Harward says:

OH YUMMY…so many good ideas here, love the cake and the strawberries and the pizza. I have a good one on my post too. Have a great 4th :D

9. 9

Yum, yum, yum! I can't wait to try a few of these out for the weekend. All of these look SO good and like so much fun!

10. 10
    Rachelle says:

As always Amy, great ideas!!! Wondering if you would share your FHE lesson? We are headed to Grandparents on Sunday for the 4th and was just starting to get to that on my to-do list. I'd love it if you would share on your site or an email.
    Thanks!!!

11. 11

Thanks for all the wonderful cooking ideas. My question, in the past when I have made fruit pizza (at least a couple of times) I always like the cream cheese frosting. However, every time I make it from scratch, I can't get it smooth. Instead it has little bitty lumps in it. Any suggestions on how to beat/mix cream cheese until smooth.

12. 12
    Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com says:

Wow – those are just amazing. I love everything you do and your pictures are always so spectacular.

You are the best!!

XOXO
    Jen

13. 13

I just found your lovely blog from Chaya's…I'm glad I did because your blog is wonderful! Your fruit pizza is beautiful and is something my whole family would enjoy…it's going on my list for our Fourth of July party! :)

14. 14
    Kristen Duke Photography says:

Great ideas! Now that we will be in town this weekend (after a cancelled beach trip due to big storm) I will need to make some festive treats.

15. 15
    Melissa says:

How funny! I'm doing a fruit pizza "bar" tonight! I've got all the fruit in my fridge and just pulled out sugar cookies from the oven. This is one of my favorite things to have at a get together!

16. 16

You guys are too sweet! Thanks for all the kind comments and links. I have stopped by each of them and left you a comment! Glad some of you found something you want to make for your parties!

@Shannon–I let my cream cheese sit out to soften to room temperature which really helps with the lumps!

@Rachelle–Here are some links for my favorite FHE sites…my lesson was super simplified from the first link

17. 17
    Megan {Honey We're Home} says:

I love these 4th of July ideas, thanks! We are busy packing to move next weekend so I guess I will have to wait till next year to try them out. p.s. I'm following you now:)

18. 18

Love your site, great recipes. :) Thanks for sharing. I stumbled upon your site while looking for 4th of July recipes. :)

19. 19
    Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper says:

This is a great post!

I am hosting a Red, White and Blue Linky Party and I’d love for you to join in on the fun!

1. [...] Fruit Pizza from The Idea Room [...]

2. [...] Patriotic Fruit Pizza and Other 4th of July Recipes – The Idea RoomJun 29, 2010 … Have you ever tried Fruit Pizza? We love it! This year I decided to make it for our Family Home Evening last night to go along with our Patriotic … [...]