Bread Cornucopia

thanksgiving-recipe

Looking for a last minute centerpiece to decorate your Thanksgiving Table next week? Make a Cornucopia out of bread.

I have been wanting to make one of these for a while now after seeing one over at Taste of Home.

The process was actually quite simple. I took a piece of paper (an old homework assignment) and rolled it into a cone shape and taped it. Then, I took a sheet of tinfoil and wrapped it around the paper cone to get the correct shape.

Photobucket

Next, ball up some more tinfoil and fill the inside of the cone. **Make sure you have a single layer on the outside that is separate from the inside. This makes it possible to easily remove the tinfoil from the inside of the cornicopia after it has been in the oven.

Photobucket

Then I just make some bread dough and let it rise. After the first rising, I rolled the dough out into one LONG rope.

Photobucket

Take your rope and wrap it around the tinfoil cone shape. Let rise for another 1-2 hours depending on your recipe.

Photobucket

Then bake in the oven. I baked mine at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. Times and temperatures may vary with your recipe and/or oven.

Photobucket

After your bread cornucopia has cooled, remove all tinfoil carefully (I had to leave some of the foil in the tail end since it was baked into the bread). Fill with fruit or anything you would like to display or serve. The best part is that it is edible. It can easily be made a couple days before Thanksgiving too!

thanksgiving-table

Amy Huntley is the owner/author of The Idea Room. A mother of five, who enjoys sharing her love of all things creative in hopes of inspiring other women and families. Connect with her on Google+, or read more of her posts.

Comments

1. 1
    apumpkinandaprincess says:

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing, I'm going to try this!

2. 2
    Heidi Ferguson says:

Ack! Amy! This is my EXACT post scheduled for Friday. Haha! Oh well. Yours is way better than mine anyway. Where did you get the idea?

3. 3

This is so fun! My kids would really love this. Thanks for the idea.:)

4. 4
    Julie Harward says:

That is very cool..love it! ;D

5. 5
    Heidi@TheCraftMonkey says:

Oh my gosh, I LOVE this! You guys do the best activities at your house!

6. 6

Love this!

Shelley @ http://divinepartyconcepts.com/

7. 7

This is an incredible idea! WOW.

8. 8

If this isn't the coolest edible centerpiece, I don't know what is. Simply amazing. I never would have thought of it. Thank you for sharing.

9. 9
    Budget Confidential says:

I have been doing something similar for years. I have a 'mold' made out of tin foil that I use every year. The trick to not getting it baked in is to spray it very liberally with cooking spray before baking.

10. 10

Wow! Very cool!

11. 11

Amy, that is beautiful!! I have seen bread cornucopias before, but they are usually the criss cross pattern and I like this one a lot more!

12. 12
    Diane {Created by Diane} says:

I love bread cornucopias, so festive. Yours looks GREAT!!!

13. 13

this is awesome!! I will be making this to hold dip (then the bread can be torn to eat w/the dip as well as the veggies!) awesome!! thanks!!

14. 14

What a cool idea! :)

15. 15
    thedoodlegirl says:

I tried it tonight and the kids LOVED it! We made mini ones. So fun. Thanks for the idea!

16. 16
    Kristen Duke Photography says:

LOVE this!!!

17. 17

I love this!! I'm planning a Thanksgiving party for our church on Sunday and would love to use that on the Communion Table. My only problem is that I never made bread in mylife :) Can you share your recipe or do you know if it works with store bought as well?Thanks again for sharing!

18. 18

That came out so nice! I'm adding this to my list for next week! Thank you so much for sharing!

19. 19

LOVE this!!!!

20. 20
    thatgirlblogs says:

amazing – I will actually try this!

21. 21
    [email protected] says:

I love this so much but all I can picture is my cat chewing a bunch of it, then crawling inside Hilarious. I might have to make it for a party though, it's so cute! I'll be linking.

22. 22

Thanks for the idea! I made one today an it worked great!