Chocolate Peppermint Cookies and Fudge Recipes

I can’t believe how quickly this month has gone by and that the Holidays are here. I have a couple of last minute treat ideas for your upcoming parties if you are still need ideas. Make some easy Chocolate Pepper*Mint* Cookies

To make these Chocolate Covered Pepper*Mint* Cookies simply take Keebler’s grasshopper cookies and dip them in white chocolate and sprinkle with some crushed candy canes. They are so simple and fast to make for a last minute gift idea or party snack.

Or make some of my FAVORITE fudge. This is my Grandma’s recipe and it is tradition to have it for our Christmas festivities every year!

Hershey’s Fudge:

4 1/2 cups sugar
1 12 oz. can unsweetened evaporated milk
1/2 cup butter
pinch of salt

Mix together in a large saucepan and boil on high all of the above ingredients. After you have a good boil going turn the heat down to med-high heat and boil for about 5 minutes and then remove from heat.

Add the following to the hot mixture:
2 (7 oz.) bottles Marshmallow Creme to boiling mixture.
2 1/2 large Hershey Bars (without nuts)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped walnuts

Beat together by hand and stir until partially set (very tiring but worth it). Pour mixture into 2 buttered 9×13 baking dishes. Let cool and then cut into small squares. Keep refrigerated.

**Edit–So, I didn’t realize there were so many different sized Hershey’s candy bars out there. The size you need for the fudge recipe is the 4.4 oz. bar. It is larger than a regular sized candy bar but not their giant sized bar…
Let me know if you try it! I would love to know how you like it!

{Only 2 more sleeps ’till Christmas…Wahoo!}

1. Danielle says

Amy, seriously you are adding weight to my thighs with all these recipes. And my New Years resolution was NOT to lose weight *for the 1st time in 11 yrs* but I may have to rethink that after all these treats. My kiddos say 2 sleeps too. CUTE! Merry Christmas!!

2. Kim says

That fudge recipe sounds divine!! By large Hershey bar do you mean king size or normal non fun size ones?

3. **Amy** says

@Danielle–I know! I am so bad! Sorry about that :)!

@Kim–I didn't realize there were so MANY different sizes of Hershey bars. I have added an edit to the post. It is the 4.4 oz. bar.

4. Brittany@Love Stitched says

Amy you always have the best treat ideas!! yum!! I will have to try the cookies for sure :)

5. Its So Very Cheri says

I will be posting more fabulous ideas for the holidays tomorrow morning and I will be linking and of course giving credit to you.

6. Amy says

Those cookies sound yummy! I better sneak some in before Jan hits and the diet starts!

7. Michelle D says

Thanks for the great ideas Amy! For the fudge recipe, is there nuts or not? The photo looks delish but has nuts, I didn't see nuts in the ingredient list though! TFS, Michelle

8. happyfamilytravels says

omg…these cookies sound sooo yummy and seem really easy to make too! i thank you and like everyone else, my additional 5 lbs. thank you too!!

9. Paula says

Thanks for the recipe…I’ll be trying these for Christmas cookie trays! They look like they are a lot of
    work, but very easy! Can’t wait….thanks for sharing!

10. Monica Mathias says

Hi – your mint cookies looked great, so I tried them today!

What kind of white chocolate do you use?? I used white chocolate chips, and as I started dipping the cookie the chocolate started to melt into the white chocolate. What is your process… in your picture your cookies look so white!

• Seadna says

I had the same experience…the chocolate on the Grasshopper cookies immediately melted in the white chocolate and turned it brown. My husband suggested freezing the cookies first, haven’t tried that yet.

• Mary says

I too had problems making the Grasshopper Peppermint Cookies. As soon as I dipped them in the melted white chocolate they started to melt. I ended up just dipping the tops but you could see the chocolate cookie on near the bottom. Disappointed…would like to find a better method.

11. Tara Scott says

I am sooo excited to try these today!! For the fudge do you use fluff? Not sure what the liquid marshmallow is? Thanks :)

12. Erin says

I’m with Monica. How did you keep the chocolate on the cookies from melting? I ended up just dalloping a bit of melted choc on top of each cookie. Still yummy, but not too pretty.

• Moriya says

Me too. I think I left the chocolate on the double boiler too long as it turned clumpy and hard-ish. I was able to ball it up and mold it around the cookies before topping with crushed candy canes.

13. party snack ideas says

Hi, can I post this recipe on my blog? I will of course link back to your blog.

14. Heather says

Just made the Chocolate peppermint cookies….very yummy! I had the same problem with the cookie melting. I tried freezing the cookie and they still melted. The white chocolate didn’t want to cooperate either. So I put a small spoonful of chocolate down on wax paper, put the cookie on top and then put the tray in the freezer for the chocolate to harden. Then I dipped the top in the chocolate. This seemed to work much better and they looked much nicer. Not as nice as the picture, but close. Thanks for the recipe!

Sorry about the melting chocolate. I did not have that issue so I am not sure how to help…but your solution seems to be a good idea.

15. Ali says

Is there a trick to dipping the cookies for the peppermint grasshoppers? When I dip mine it just doesn’t look as nice as the picture…the chocolate is all uneven. I used a spoon to do the dipping. Also they stuck to the plate I put them on but I’m guessing that’s an easy fix with wax paper.

16. candice says

I would like to know how u didn’t have the problem with the cookie melting. I was so exitied to do this for my 2nd grade class. I thought it would be so easy. I’m so very disappointed.

Well, I am so glad I seen all these comments on these cookies.. cause tonight was my nite to make them!!…and I seen where many were having problems. This is what I did. I lined a cookie sheet with wax paper, turned each cookie upside down…spooned vanilla white chocolate almond bark over each bottom, put in freezer for a couple minutes. Then I turned them all over and spooned the rest on top..and sprinkled the peppermint.. This worked!… YAY!! Hope it helps someone!

17. Diamond says

You say a large can of evaporated milk. What is the weight exactly? Going to make this tonight for our “Friendsgiving” dinner.

hmmm…haha! Good question. That would be 12 oz. Thank you for pointing this out. I will add this to the recipe!