Valentine lollipops

Want to make these fun Candy Cane Heart valentine lollipops? They are really easy, fun and make the perfect small gift!

Photobucket

I shared with you the other day about one of my ideas being shared in the February issue of the Family Fun Magazine. Thanks for all your fun and kind comments. And now that the issues are in the store I can share with you exactly what it was…although MANY of you already figured it out ;)!

Photobucket

I was contacted back in September by one of the Family Fun editors asking if they could use my Candy Cane Heart Suckers in their 2011 Valentine’s Day issue. They had found my idea circulating the web. Pretty fun for me as I had been a big fan of their magazines for a few years now.

Photobucket

I thought I would share it with you just in case some of you don’t subscribe to Family Fun.

And if you would like to make some for Valentine’s Day, here are the directions.

Simply take two (per sucker) small candy canes and place them on a greased cookie sheet in a heart shape. Slide a sucker stick in between them like you see in the picture.

Place them in a heated 350 degree oven and watch them closely. After 3-5 minutes, they will be melty and bubbly. Quickly remove them from the oven and pinch the ends of the candy canes together at the top and bottom of each sucker. Be very careful as the candy will be HOT!

Then set the tray aside to cool. After they have cooled completely melt some white chocolate or almond bark in the microwave. Pour a small amount into the center of the suckers and smooth with your clean finger. I added a few colorful sprinkles as well. Let them cool again before packaging or better yet…Eating!

Pin It

Comments

1. Wonder Mom says

First of all- CONGRATULATIONS on being in Family Fun Magazine! That, in my book, is one of the coolest honors ever…

Second of all, I can now get rid of all our extra Candy Canes- WAHOO!!!

2. Angela says

Chomping at the bit to make these, Amy. I hope they turn out as good as yours. Yeah, right. : )

3. Amy says

thanks for posting this, since I didn't get to read the whole tutorial while I was scouring the mag in the Dr. office looking for you! :)
    xoxo,
    Amy

4. SarahAnne says

I am not very crafty, although I like to keep an eye on blogs and websites for ideas that maybe I can will be able to do one day. This is one I really feel like I can handle! Thank you for sharing this. It's perfect. And congrats on your magazine appearance!

5. Jamie Thompson says

Wow! Congratulations on getting in family fun! Thats fantastic!And that is one the cutest ways I have seen yet to use up all those left over candy canes from Christmas!

6. Haley K says

that is awesome Amy!!! woohoo! I love peppermint & white chocolat together…I'm excited to try these :) And the fact that they're adorable just adds to the sweetness :)

7. Liz says

I saw that in the mag. They look so cute? My only problem–where to get mini candy canes now that Christmas is over?

8. Angie Kerr says

Congrats on the magazine! That is so awesome!! I love this idea. However, I have been EVERYWHERE trying to find those mini candy canes. it is driving me crazy. Everyone has the larger ones!

9. Amy {The Idea Room} says

I always buy some mini candy canes at Christmas and save them. But that doesn't help you now! I know you can buy them from Amazon right now but remember them being a bit pricey. If anyone comes across some, give us a shout out so we can find some too!

10. Letti says

I searched and searched through the magazine to see what you made and the only thing that I thought you did were these. I didn't see your name anywhere on the page so I wasn't sure. Congrats that is so COOL!

11. Mindy says

When I was looking through our magazine with my boys, we all loved the sucker idea – even my boys – that's big in my eyes! Now I can tell them I know the lady who designed those cute suckers, at least as much as you can know someone via a blog…
    Again, congrats! Keep the cute ideas a coming.

12. Kimbo West @ a girl and a glue gun says

congrats! I heart family fun and your heart suckers AND YOU!

13. The Blackburn Buzz says

Yea – congratulations on your idea!

It's so funny that this is the only page that I tore out from the magazine. I am so going to make these.

14. Julia says

How awesome to be featured on Family Fun! We just got ours yesterday and my kids always turn to the back to make the treat of the month! This is awesome!

15. Kristol Faucheux says

Congrats Amy!! I'm in that issue too – page 13!!! Pic of the family from Halloween featuring my Princess Leia Yarn Wig.

16. Michaela (aka Mama Michie) says

Congrats!! I saw these in the online version of the magazine and just knew that they were your idea!

17. Beth says

Yeah for you!!! That is so fun!

I made these last year and everyone LOVED them! I am bummed though because I totally forgot to buy extra mini candy canes this year at Christmas time:(

18. Birdie says

I did see that in Family Fun and I just want to say congratulations to you!!! That is so cool :)

19. Stef says

Wow! You are now famous! Published! Sought after!! Yay!!
    And those look like so much fun. Now, if I couldn't only find some candy canes…no wait…I have a bazillion in my pantry.

20. Danielle says

WAHOO!! You are famous!! The kind of famous I look up to. Amy, I've said it once and I'll say it again, you are amazing!! So very happy to see your name in a magazine. SUPER cute idea. *now I'll do the happy dance for you*

21. Holly says

Seriously adorable and too clever! Congrats on the feature…I just received my magazine in the mail today. So glad you are a DIY CLub Dare blogger too…I cannot believe O wasn't following you before (how the heck could that have happened)! Congrats again.
    Holly
    504 Main

22. SMMART ideas says

Saw it in Family Fun…was one of my favorite ideas in the magazine..WAY TO GO, GIRL!

23. Kim @ Life of a Modern Mom says

CONGRATULATIONS!!! This is SO awesome! I cut mine out of the magazine and hung it on the fridge. :)

24. ~jan says

Saw the valentine candy canes in the magazine last week and thought they were gorgeous – So happy to see it is creative you who made them!

~jan @ thepaisleycupcake.blogspot.com

25. MinkyDink says

First, I want to say I'm so mad at myself for not knowing that was you in the magazine! I'm a fan of yours, for sure. Tsk tsk for me! Second, for eveyone who missed out on the christmas clearance of candy canes, I just found mini candy canes on Oriental Trading for around $5. Can't wait to try these out!

26. Phaedra says

If anyone is looking for candy canes, I just bought some from Oriental Trading. You get 100 for $5.49. I am waiting for them to be delivered so I can make these fun suckers for my niece and nephew!

27. Kim says

I saw these in Family Fun. Congratulations on being featured.
    I am going to share this idea for a curative article I am writing. I will of course be linking directly to this post and not using any portion in my article. I would like to use a picture and link to send people here so they can make these cool pops themselves. My goal is to help spread the word. Please let me know if this would not be okay.

28. moonlightnc3 says

I subscribe to Family Fun and this was my favorite Valentine's Day idea in the whole magazine. Imagine my surprise while surfing around the crafting blogs to find yours here! I had no idea it was from someone outside of Family Fun but now I'm glad I do and that I found your site! Very cool, congrats!

I finally remembered this year to buy mini candy canes at Christmas. I am determined to make these for my MOPs small group moms this year. (With a 5, 2, and 5-month-old, sleep has been lacking here for months now. =)

You say that you should do these on a greased cookie sheet, but it looks like there might be waxed paper underneath the suckers in the picture. Could I do that instead?

30. HappyMomof2 says

I made these last year for Valentine’s Day and just made them again for Christmas party favors. I put them in little clear bags tied with red cord ribbon and a red jingle bell. Too CUTE!! Thank you for this idea! They are always a hit and everyone is amazed that I made them. (hehe)

31. Julie says

Tip: I did this last night and made a few mistakes; hope you can avoid these same ones. Those skinny mini candycanes that are not peppermint (Target sold red, pink and blue (cotton candy and blueberry flavored, for example) ones at Christmas) do not work as well. They melt too fast and don’t hold shape.
    I recommend a lower oven temperature as well. Other websites recommend 235 degrees. I am getting real white and red peppermint candy canes today and will try this again with 235 degrees and hope for a better outcome :)
    The thicker mini candycanes work best. In fact the ones that worked easiest were in plastic wrap with the “Legend of the Candy Cane” printed on them. For some reason, those are the perfect thickness.

32. Cara Coe says

Hi Amy!!! I flipped these cute hearts and made Christmas trees for our kiddie xmas parties. Use green, white or red chocolate in the middle! Thanks for the great idea! :) -Cara