Valentine’s Be Mine Decor

I first saw this idea for making Valentine’s Day cards over at Martha’s place {we’re tight like that}. And I really liked the idea of using paper and making a dimensional word. Then I thought it would be fun to make it into a decoration that I could display. Why go to all that work to have the card just thrown away…? (mom…I don’t throw away your cards *ahem*).

Be-Mine-Decoration
Pin It

So, I simply took some really cute scrapbook paper that I found at Robert’s and cut it to fit into a 4 x 6 inch frame. (Look closely to see who designed the paper if you are interested in getting some for yourself…I knew someone would ask, so I was smart enough to include it in the picture…cause I am nice like that).

Photobucket

Then I got on my word program and typed up the words “Be Mine” in a font and size that fit what I wanted in the frame and printed it out. Place the cut scrapbook paper over the word and center it. Then simply trace in pencil {very lightly} so that the word is now on your paper.

PhotobucketThen taking some black cardstock paper cut into 1/2 inch strips, I rolled and curled the paper so that it fit the outline of the words. I did one strip at a time. Just estimate what segments of the word it will be easiest to connect to one another. Smaller amounts worked better for me. When you have one segment of the letter ready, draw a line of hot glue over the letter and then quickly place your strip into place.

Valentiens-DecorI actually made a little mistake when I made this. I put the word a bit too high in the frame so it was off center. It really bugged me. But then I added the strip of black ribbon below the letters and the three little rosette tissue buds. I actually think those last additions really make it. It would have been a bit boring without something else. Luckily this mistake turned out for the best…not always the case!

Photobucket

**If you would like to make one using the same “Be Mine” that I used, you can print your copy of it here:

Be Mine

Pin It

Comments

1. Shortcake and Company says

Wow, wow, WOW!! Love this!! I'm desperately needing to add a punch to my v-day decor. And this will surely do the trick. Genius!!

2. House of Smiths says

LOVELY!
    This is so cute, Amy.
    Thanks for being so incredibly creative, girl!
    ~Shelley Smith

3. Attempting Aloha says

I agree…the rosettes and black band really make it work! And I was so confused as I was reading your instructions about the construction paper. I kept thinking, "where in the heck is the construction paper??" TOTALLY missed that the "Be Mine" is 3D! I'm so lazy I just assume everyone else is, too, and I just thought for sure that was painted on or drawn with a Sharpie! lol

Looks great!

Aloha,
    charlie

4. Swainston Vinyl & Dezign says

That is SO adorable! I LOVE it! Thanks for sharing! I may have to make myself something similar!

5. Kristyn @ Good Gravy Crafts says

I'm with Denise too, I am not a Valentine's decorator. I love this idea though…so cute!! I may just have to start ;)

TFS xx-Kristyn

6. Jessica says

cool! i never really saw how vday decorations could work but this is really snazzy! looks like fun!

7. Marlie says

Such a cute idea! I've never really been a seasonal decorator, but I'm trying to get into it. I'm doing this one for sure!

8. Amy says

Really, really cute! I love the paper you used, and you are exactly right, the tissue paper flowers totally make the look complete. gorgeous. No wonder you're in print ;)
    xoxo,
    Amy

9. Jen V says

You are just so clever!! I don't check out many blogs other than family and friends – but I check your blog every single day! Thank you for sharing your talent with all of us!!
    *Also, thanks for filling my pendant orders! Like I said – being the coolest Aunt around is pretty rewarding:)

10. Chiara says

Absolutely darling! I love your "mistake" too! You should share your spin with Martha. ; ) I think you improved upon her idea.

11. Elizabeth says

Are the roses made with tissue paper? Do you have tutorial? I like the way yours look.

12. Allie says

Wow! I just love this!! you did an awesome job on those letters! Very sweet design…perfect for Hearts Day!

13. Maria Gridley says

Amy, that is simply gorgeous! I love that its 3d. idk if I would be patient enough to curl and make the paper match the letters! haha
    The rosettes are such a perfect accent. Beautiful!

14. Marek's Musings says

Love this! Do you directions on how to make either the pink rosebud arrangement or the red felt rose arrangement on the mantle? Those are beautiful, as well!

15. by Mama B says

Very sweet. I have a frame that I want to use. Thanks for the inspiration. I tweeted a link to this craft.

16. sharon. says

I made these this weekend. SO CUTE. Thanks for sharing.

See awesomeness at hubbellhaps.blogspot.com

Hey, Amy! I saw this on Pinterest today, and went to link to it, and it went to just the photo, not this post. So I searched out the post and went to pin it, and I kept getting an error that said, “No photos or videos on this page”?? Haven’t seen that before.

But I’m linking to your post in my VDay round-up this week. Just thought I’d let you know again how much I love it. ;)

Aloha,
    Charlie

1. […] away from the popular “click and print” framed decor, let’s make it 3d!The Idea Room has a tutorial for your DIY “BE MINE” Valentine […]