New Years Vacation & Resolutions!

Photobucket

How was your New Years Eve Celebration? Ours are usually pretty low key. We usually get together with family and stay up late, eat yummy food and play lots of games.

Photobucket

This year was no different. We were able to stay in Park City, Utah for a couple of days with most of my siblings and their kids. It was a bit crowded in the condo, but we had a great time together.

Photobucket

As you can see, we had a LOT of snow to play in. It was FREEZING cold outside, but the kids managed to spend a good amount of time playing in the snow and sledding. The air was so cold that the snow was nice and powdery…great for skiing, but not so great for making a snowman.

Photobucket

Due to the cold temperatures, we spent a lot of time indoors playing games and hanging out. Now it is back to reality, healthy food and a schedule! I will also be back to regular blogging. It was nice to have a break from the computer, but it is also nice to get back to blogging because I really enjoy it {most of the time :)}

Photobucket

I have a few New Years Resolutions for the coming year, 2011:

1. Get back into running shape and train for a half-marathon and another triathlon in the spring.

2. Clear more junk and clutter from my home.

3. Spend more time just playing with my kids.

4. Finish some Home projects {basement and back porch}.

5. Read my Book of Mormon {scriptures} from beginning to end.

6. Have a kinder heart.

What did you do for your New Years Celebration? What are you looking forward to accomplishing this year?

★Amy

www.FlirtyAprons.com

Comments

1. Lynette @ My Craft Discovery says

I'm looking forward to finishing up my last semester of school and doing well in student teaching and FINALLY graduating (and keeping my husband fed at the same time)! If I can do that, I'll be a happy girl! :)

2. Meg says

3. That One Girl says

I'm starting my own candle company, so, most of mine are biz related, but, my big ones are keeping a cleaner home, rebuilding my faith, and being better organized. )I think my messy house has something to do with my organization…

4. andrea says

I am going to focus on being more organized and I started the year off right by buying a new desk. I want to spend more time outdoors with the kiddos. It is time to start back on Dave Ramseys plan so I can work towards becoming debt free. and lastly, I am going to work on my blog to try to build up my at home business.

5. Haley K says

what great goals! especially #3 & #5 :)

And those pictures made me want to make a hot cup of cocoa! What fun memory!

6. Kerryanne English says

Happy New Year Amy ~ I hope it is a great one for you and your family.

I'm striving for the perfect balance of work, rest and play.
    Hugs ~ Kerryanne

7. BigBearswife says

My husband and I actually went out for the first New Years in FOREVER! it was wonderful! We went dancing and then to dinner. It was great! Im glad you had a great new years!

8. Nettie's Blog says

i am looking forward to finally building and moving into my new house after a year of set backs… beyond that i plan to be more grateful for being taught the principle if PATIENCE…
    Happy New Year blogger…

9. Infarrantly Creative says

Wow those are some lofty goals. I am with you on the running thing. But a half marathon scares the bejeebies out of me. Maybe a 15K first. :-)

10. Stacy says

We do this at our house! My boys love painting in the snow. And I love that it keeps them busy. I was going to do a post about it but maybe I will just refer them to you :)

11. Melanie@Crafty Cupboard says

I want to get another YW medallion this year (have you seen the cute little gemstone they get now??), and part of that requirement is reading the BofM. I'm stretching myself and reading it in French so I can keep up with the language and have my husband think I'm cool at the same time. And because, you know, its a good book :)

12. Kassi @ Truly Lovely says

I'm also resolving to read my Book of Mormon from beginning to end… Don't know how many times I've attempted it… But this is the year! :) Good luck with all your resolutions!

13. Amy {The Idea Room} says

Thanks everyone! Loved reading about your New Years Resolutions too!
    @Lynette–That is a full plate! Good Luck! Graduation will be awesome.
    @Meg–You are to nice.
    @ThatOneGirl–Love biz related goals! LOL!
    @GeezeesCA–Thanks! It was a nice low key trip!
    @Andrea–great goals! I love to start Jan. off organized too!
    Haley–Thanks girl! Hope you had a fun Christmas with those TWO cuties of yours!
    @KErryanne–great way to put it…a perfect balance.
    @BigBearsWife–sounds fun! I haven't been out on NYE in years.
    @Nettie–Yay! for finally being able to move in and for having a great outlook about learning patience…not my best virtue :)
    @IC–They are a bit lofty…:) Wish we could run together.
    @MElanieCC–I haven't seen the new ones. In French? That is impressive…hard enough in plain old english!
    @Kassi–great goal :)