DIY Labeled Bathroom Jars

Today I would love to share with you how I made these labeled bath jars.

bath jars 1wm

I like to have pretty matching sets rather than big, bulky bottles cluttering my spaces…don’t you?  But all the sets I have seen were really expensive.  Then I saw this picture from Country Living.  I had my next project!

I looked around online for various bottles and in my local thrift store but couldn’t find anything that was pretty or in my budget.  Then one day while I was shopping I had the idea to look at the various glass food jars.  I was surprised at just how many styles there were but none of them were just right.  I had almost given up until I turned down the last aisle and lo and behold I spied these beauties!!!

bath jars 5wm

It was the perfect size and shape and there were exactly 4 bottles.  The labels looked easy to remove and there were no upraised markings in the bottle…PERFECT!  Now only if I drank coffee ;).  No worries…I gave the coffee to my friend and saved the bottles for myself!

bath jars 7wm

I removed the labels and took off the residual glue with this Goo Gone.  I already had this on hand and originally bought it from Home Depot.  It works like a charm.  Then I thoroughly washed the bottles and then let them dry.

bath jars 8wm

Then I created some labels on my Silhouette machine and cut them out in black vinyl.  I also cut them out in white vinyl as well.

bath jar labelswm

I took the inside of the white label and put it on the jars first.  Then I took the black label and put it on top of the white label, kind of like a little puzzle.  The reason I did this is that I wanted the labels to stand out really well on the bottle.  I thought about just cutting out a white square of vinyl but the borders of each frame were really different and this just seemed easier.  Of course you can just place the black vinyl on and not use the white vinyl.

bath jars 4wm

I wanted to cover up the writing on each of the lids so I simply spray painted them white and let them dry thoroughly.  Then I simply filled each jar with my favorite bath products.

I love how fresh and clean it looks.  Isn’t that so much better than a bunch of big and bulky bottles?

bath jars 2wm

I have made my label file available for you to download for those of you who would like to make your own labels.

*Click to download bath jar labels {in GSD format}

**If you don’t have a Silhouette Machine, you can still make these.  Simply download the PSD labels and print them out.  Then simply cover the tops of the label with a few layers of Mod Podge (let dry between each coat) and then cut the labels out.  To apply to the bottles add a small amount of glue like E 6000 or other water proof glues.

***Click to download bath jar labels {in PSD format}

Comments

1. Rachael says

Oh wow I LOVE this idea! It does look so clean and fresh! Next on my list of projects to do ;)

I would never have thought to reuse the bottle this way, but I love it so much! This would really snazz up any bathroom!

3. Ashleigh Nielsen says

I love these! Once finals are over, I’m definitely making some! Thanks for a lovely idea!

Unfortunately…they are glass! So that is something to think about…especially if you tend to be clumsy :)

I LOVE these!! They are the perfect solution for being able to leave the stuff I use daily on the counter without being an eye sore. They make everything you put in them look so pretty!

Great idea for re-use! And thank you for the labels – one of these days, I’m going to get a vinyl cutter, but until then my exacto will have to do :)

i love this project! so cute! by the way googone- Wonderful stuff! Took melted gummy bears right out of the jacket pocket!

Love this idea! I’m not a coffee drinker either but I’m sure I could find someone to help me out! Now if I just had a Silhouette machine I’d be all set!

8. Nikky says

Cute idea! Did you ever post the winners for the Vintage Pearl Giveaway? I keep looking and can’t find it!

9. Becky says

OMG soooo cute!!! Love the starbucks bottles!!!! I am going to steal this for an idea in my house!

10. Suzanne says

I’m a bottle junkie too! I love when I can reuse one that has a pretty shape and no embossing. You did a great job!

These look so pretty! I’m going to have to keep an eye out for glass jars while I’m grocery shopping, now. It looks like there are some really fun possibilities!

looks lovely! the matching jars make the bathroom look so much cleaner (i’m assuming…as i haven’t seen your bathroom).

13. Taylor says

What a great idea — thanks! And thanks for sharing how to make the labels without the Silhouette.

These are so cute. It looks like the original bottles are vinegar bottles and they are quaint but not as practical for the bathroom as yours ;) Thanks for sharing the labels Hope you have a Happy Easter Sunday. Fondly, Roberta

Very pretty. I also use these bottles for gifts – I’ll fill with M&M’s, jelly beans, skittles etc . . . and tie a pretty ribbon at the neck.

omg stop this madness- it’s too cute and i can’t handle it!!! only two more weeks and then i’m done with finals to just go over all your great ideas and try them out this summer!!! love it!

Gorgeous idea! I love food jars and save them for my kids to use as drink jars in place of juice boxes or plastic drink bottles. This is a lovely idea and yours turned out beautifully. Thanks for the inspiration!

This is such a cute idea! I really appreciate you sharing your template. I just got a silhouette machine, so this helps a lot with learning how to use it. Thanks!

19. Darcey says

I’ve been collecting Frappucino bottles to make these (and other various projects – I bet there are a million things you can do with them!), and I discovered that a little nail polish remover easily took off the “sell-by” dates and any other ink on the bottle. Love this idea!

Thanks Darcey! They are fun and cute bottles. Thanks for the tip about the nail polish remover. I am totally going to do that. That will make the bottles perfect!

I literally have on my shopping list “Clear canisters for lotions.” Now I’ll change that to Frapuccinos! Just printed out the labels. Thank you so much!

Ohhhh! So glad I could help you get one of your items crossed off your list…one of my favorite hobbies is making lists and crossing items off! You are welcome. Thanks for stopping by!

I just started the oil method face wash and the no shampoo method, these bottles would be perfect. I think it’s time I dust of my cricut and gypsy. Thank you for this solution, it’s pratical and beautiful.

22. Sarah says

Thanks so much for this idea! I’ve collected my Frappucino bottles and am just waiting to fill them. :) I found that simply scrubbing the “sell-by” date for about a minute with the soft side of my sponge, worked to get the date off. What kind of spray paint did you use? Thanks again!

I just used Krylon’s white spray paint that is good for multiple surfaces and it worked great! Hope they turn out great for you! I still am using mine and love them!

23. kelly kozar says

I KNEW I WAS SAVING THESE BOTTLES FOR SOMETHING……THANKS SO MUCH….
    MY DAUGHTER AND I WILL HAVE A PROJECT TOGETHER

24. Lizzie says

Love this idea! The larger bottles, like the one featured in Country Living, look like vinegar bottles to me. I like the size of the Starbucks ones better though.

• Autumn says

Balsamic vinegar or Braggs apple cider vinegar bottles have some good sizes to use if you already have them in your kitchen. I have a cute one I just noticed from Trader Joes that has my balsamic vinegar in. Has a nice handle too.

25. Autumn says

Great idea! Oh and the bottles shown from the Country Living I bet can be duplicated with the Braggs Apple Cider vinegar bottles when used up. I have one right here and it looks identical if someone wants the larger sized. Thanks for the ideas. :)

You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be actually
    something that I think I would never understand. It
    seems too complicated and very broad for me. I’m looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it!

1. […] Create DIY labeled bathroom jars with instructions from The Idea Room. E-6000 is recommended as a waterproof glue. […]

2. […] Dress up all your everyday products. From bubble bath to shampoo, from body gel to lotion …. filling up vintage glass bottles (or even Starbucks frappucino glass bottles) and adding an adorable label will only emphasize the “pretty.” It will keep things looking neat and organized and give a bit more personality to all your beauty supplies! Just make sure to thoroughly wash out the bottles you decide to use first!{found on theidearoom}. […]

3. […] Dress up all your everyday products. From bubble bath to shampoo, from body gel to lotion …. filling up vintage glass bottles (or even Starbucks frappucino glass bottles) and adding an adorable label will only emphasize the “pretty.” It will keep things looking neat and organized and give a bit more personality to all your beauty supplies! Just make sure to thoroughly wash out the bottles you decide to use first!{found on theidearoom}. […]