Moustache and Lip Suckers

Mustache Lip Suckers 3wm

Mustache and Lip Photo Props are all the rage right now!   They are a fun way to get some creative shots of your friends and family members.  They would also be a fun activity for your guests at a birthday party, shower or wedding.  I had been wanting to get some pictures of my kids with these fun props ever since I had so much fun posing with them at a couple of different Blog Conferences this summer.

Mustache shelley jen kim  Mustache vintage brassy

The first photo was taken in the Kodak Suite at EVO and include me, Shelley, Jen, and Kim.  The second photo was from the Utah Bloggers Summit.  The photo booth was set up and provided by a cute little company called ‘Stache In a Box.  Pictured are Megan, Mandi and I.

I was going to make some out of paper but then thought it would be fun to be able to send your guests home with them as a delicious party favor! So I found some molds to actually make Mustache and Lip Suckers.

Lip Sticks 2 wm

I found my molds on Amazon and have provided you with the links to the ones that I actually purchased.  I bought the large lips mold and didn’t realize how LARGE they actually were.  If I were to buy them again I would go for the small lips mold.  In fact…I think I may actually go back and order it.

Large Lip Sucker Molds

Small Lip Sucker Molds

Moustache Suckers wm

Moustache Sucker Molds

Moustache Suckers 2wm

I simply filled the molds with melted chocolate onto the sucker sticks for the Mustaches and then let them harden in the freezer.

Lip Sticks 5wm

For the lips I used the last little bit of my red Candy Melts that I had used for these Apple Pops and some leftover pink Candy Melts from Valentine’s Day.

Moustach Lip Suckers wm

See how big those lips are?…haha!  My kids had a great time helping me with this photo shoot.  And as a little bonus they got to eat their props when we had finished!  At least my models will work for little compensation…or I would be broke!  Oh…and make sure if it is hot outside that you work fast.  Just after this last picture was taken, my oldest girl pulled her lips away from her face and it was smeared with melted “lipstick”.  We had a good laugh about that!

Mustache Sucker 1wm

Linking up here:

Comments

You made my day with these sweet and silly suckers! Reminds me of that “You must pay the rent – I can’t pay the rent” lil’ play – must do this soon.

xoxo michele

They are silly and fun! I have not seen or heard of that play! Will have to check it out! Thanks for your fun comment.

Thanks Stacy! I am sure you would turn the frame into something fabulous! It is from the mirror that was in my bathroom when I was growing up ;)

2. danna says

Amy, so I have a question non related to your mustache and lip suckers, although they are oh so adorable. I was wondering if you could do a tutorial on the flower your little girl is wearing in the picture. or tell me where I could find instructions. It is sooo cute! Thanks for always sharing your great ideas!

Amy, I love the lips and mustachios, but what I think I love best are these sweet photos of your kids. I hope they make it past the blog into a frame!

xoxo
    Tauni

He IS a total ham…all of the time! He makes me laugh…except when he decides he doesn’t want to clean his room ;)

For real? I am in love with these! Both the photos AND the suckers. I need those molds! I wanna try regular lollies….rootbeer and watermelon. Think they would work? And I’m sorry, in advance, for stealing that frame from your home. But I’m on my way to take it right now. Do the kids come with? Because your youngest and those big brown eyes….seriously……

I thought about trying to make them into regular suckers too. Much more fun…but only had one mold…I guess you could just make a few and then make the rest of the suckers out of the regular sucker molds. All kids are included…I will ship them for free! haha

Oh Amy what a fun mom you are!! That is such a fun idea. I am still smiling:)