We have an official Minnie Mouse (and Mickey Mouse) obsession at our home. Ever since my now 4 year old met Mickey in real life last year at Disneyland she has been obsessed. So, when her birthday rolled around this year I knew we would be going with a Minnie Mouse theme. Here are the cupcakes we came up with.
I wanted something easy because I had so many other things I wanted to focus my time and energy on. And as a busy mom, time is hard to come by.
Nothing to fancy…just red icing…which came out as more of a pinkish hue…
Some fun white sprinkles from Wilton and some mini Oreos which I had left-over from the Minnie Mouse Oreo Pops.
And then I topped them off with some super easy cupcake toppers which is just scrapbook paper taped onto some toothpicks.
The cupcakes were strawberry flavored and I used the following recipe:
Recipe from Recipe Girl
2¼ cups cake flour
1½ cups granulated sugar
2¾ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1½ sticks (¾ cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
¾ cup pureed frozen strawberries (about ¼ of a 1 pound bag)
4 large egg whites
1/3 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 18 cupcake pan with paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; set aside.
3. In a large bowl with electric mixer, blend butter with strawberry puree. Add flour mixture and blend until light and fluffy (batter will be very thick).
4. In another bowl, whisk together egg whites, milk and dye. Add whites in three parts to the batter mixture, mixing only until incorporated after each addition.
5. Fill cupcake liners about 3/4 full. Bake 18 to 22 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
They were delish! I can’t wait to share a couple more details of the party with you next time. Anyone else out there have a love for Mickey and Minnie Mouse?
I thought it would be fun to share some of our older family photos with you from one of our favorite places!
And….one last thing…I just found out I was nominated for Parents.com for Best Crafts for Kids Blog Award.
I would love it if you could hop on over and vote for The Idea Room.
Simply click on the link Best Crafts for Kids Blog Award!
Thanks so much!
Join Us for New Ideas!