Minnie Mouse Oreo Pops

Guess what?  I have another version of my Oreo pops…Minnie Mouse Oreo Pops.  Are you getting tired of these yet?  A sickness I tell you.  But this time I had a good reason for making them…at least that is what I keep telling myself.  My daughter just had a birthday and she LOVES Minnie Mouse.  Ever since we had the good fortune of meeting Minnie Mouse at Disneyland last fall.  So for her birthday it was an obvious decision to have a Minnie Mouse birthday party.

minnie mouse pops 5 wm

I made some of these fun Minnie Mouse Oreo Pops.  They were really easy once I figured out you had to “dip” them in two different stages.  Here are the supplies you will need to make them.

Wilton Candy Melts (Midnight Black) or chocolate

Double Stuff Oreos (I need to buy some stock in that company)

Bite Size Oreos

Popsicle Sticks

red ribbon

minnie mouse pops 1 wm

Slide the popsicle sticks into your Double Stuff Oreos very gently by holding the cookie in one hand and sliding the stick with the other.  Then take one bite size Oreo cookie and separate it into two halves.  Scrape out the frosting with the edge of a knife.  Slide the smaller cookies into the top of the Oreo to make her ears.  Lay them out onto some wax paper.

minnie mouse pops 2 wm

Melt your candy melts in the microwave in 20 second intervals until it is melted to a smooth and creamy consistency.  Now “dip” the Oreos into the candy.  Now I don’t actually dip them but rather take a spoon and smooth it onto the front of the Oreos.  You need to be very careful when doing this as the ears can come off very easily.  Just do the front and then set it onto the wax paper.  Do this for all of your Oreos and then pop them into the freezer.  After 20 minutes you can take them out and then cover the back side of the Oreos with the candy.  Make sure to cover the ears and the bottom of the stick well so that they do not fall apart.  Once they have been popped in the freezer again, they will be really sturdy and you should not have a problem with them falling apart…even if you accidently drop the tray onto the countertop!  Not that I may have done that…just saying!

minnie mouse 3 wm

Then take some ribbon and tie it into a bow around the base of the Minnie Mouse head to add a pop of color and detail.  Serve them to your party guests or send them home with this fun and tasty party favor!  Who wouldn’t love a Minnie Mouse Oreo Pop?

minnie mouse pops 3 wm

Linking up here:

Thirty Hand Made Days

Tidy Mom

Comments

You are officially the “oreo pop” queen. Bakerella and her “cake pops” is going to start losing her popularity because the new rage will be “Oreo pops.” Looking forward to the book you write about these!

These are so stinkin cute! What a great idea….any kid, and some adults I know, would love these!! Thanks so much for sharing!

3. Tamara says

Thank you! We have a Minnie Mouse birthday coming up too, and I will definitely be attempting these!

Yeah…so how could I possibly not love these to DEATH? Seriously. They are amazing. I want to come to the Minnie party next time. :)

Haha! Thanks Gina! I like the sound of champion rather than obsession! I would love to see them with a link if you decide to make some!

5. Kay says

We’re having our conference in Orlando next week- these would be great as staff treats! Now, how to make them once we get there is a different story, b/c I’m positive they won’t survive my suitcase!

What a great way to use them. Wish I were going to a conference in Orlando…sounds so nice right now! Have fun!

6. Julie says

I’m making a Minnie costume for my daughter to wear on halloween, then her 2nd birthday will be Minnie/Mickey Mouse clubhouse in December. These will be great for her party! Thanks for sharing. (visiting from TT&J)

Thanks for stopping by! I love TTand J! I hope you are able to plan a great birthday for your almost 2 year old! They are at such a fun age aren’t they?

7. erin says

hi,Amy..thx a lot for sharing!!ur gals are as cute as ur oreo pops!! by freezer,u mean just to chill them in the refrigerator or to freeze them? thx!

Amy, amei !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Farei para minha filha que terá sua festinha da Minnie este ano.
    adoro cuidar de cada detalhe.
    o difícil no Brasil é encontrar a Oreo!Mas darei um jeito!bjos

Awww…thank you so much! I had to use Google Translate tool to read your comment. I really appreciate it. I hope you have a great day for your daughter’s birthday and that she loves the Minnie Mouse Pops!

9. Connie says

Too cute!! My daughters are turning 1 & 3 next week (they are 3 days off of exactly 2 years apart) and we are doing a combined Minnie themed party. I’m definitely going to attempt these. I’ve really always been the “buy” stuff type and not so much a “make it yourself” type and I was looking for something I can do myself to add to the party. I’m so glad I found this! These seem so easy I just have to try it! I’d love to hand them out as party favors. Quick question for you…do you think lollipop sticks could work or do you just recommend popsicle sticks?

10. Lisa says

These look great! How far in advance would you make them? Would you store them in the fridge if you did make them in advance? Thanks for your tips!

11. heather says

How many days in advance can I make these? and if I can make in advance, how do you recommend I store them? Freezer? Fridge? on room temp?

12. Karen says

How far in advance would you make them? Would you store them in the fridge if you did make them in advance or an airtight container?

13. Carolynne says

Hi!! I must say that I never leave reviews but WOW have u come up with a great idea!! This will be a very easy alternative to Minnie mouse cake pops and I can do these myself!! No bakery needed!! Thank you do much I lob it!!

These look fantastic! I’m going to a Disney Movie Marathon on Saturday and I was looking for a simple snack to make, and these seem to be it!

Also, I posted this on my blog, and I left a link to this page as well as put your blog as the source.

15. Patty says

Hi! I love these! I tried making them for a party and they seemed so easy to make. But ended not being able to make any because they kept falling apart. I was very careful putting in the sticks but the cookie either broke or the top or bottom of the cookie would just come off. I even tried using lollipop sticks but that didn’t work either. Sometimes I would get one or two that would stay but not many. The chocolate was hard to put on also. I also tried using the chocolate as glue but the cookies still came apart. Any tips? I really want to make these.

• fallon says

Glad you posted. I thought I was the only one having these problems. The cookies broke when putting in the sticks and also when attaching the ears. Is there a trick to keeping them from falling apart?

You can carefully untwist the cookies (make sure they are Double Stuft) then add the sticks. Sometimes a little melted chocolate added to the stick can help. Then add the ears before putting back together. Then pour the chocolate over the cookies. Do NOT dip. This should help!

16. Josie says

Amy thank you for the great idea, however you should have told everyone how hard this was going to be to make them. I started on this project two weeks ago, making 100 as a thank you gift; the cookies falls apart, even though your using double stuff the bite size are hard to keep in the cookie, the chocolate starts to harden after a while just from sitting out in the air and I never was able to find popsicle sticks (don’t try lollipop sticks they don’t work). Also, whatever you do don’t try doing a different color chocolate; I made some a light pink which meant I had to mix red with white, that’s when you can see all the imperfection. For those who still attempt to try this good luck and yes freeze them the chocolate will harden faster. And this is a major sugar rush for kids.

17. Jen N. says

Boy, this project did not go well for me :( I thought the directions called for lollipop sticks (which I had) but they actually called for popsicle sticks (which I didn’t have.) I tried it with the lollipop sticks, but they were just too thick and the cookies kept breaking. After a few failed attempts, I abandoned the sticks and decided to just dip the cookies.

The other problem I had was that the mini Oreos (1) kept breaking, or (2) wouldn’t stay stuck to the frosting inside the Double Stuff. Again, I broke a bunch of the cookies; some others lost their ears as I was covering them with chocolate.

I used up a whole package of the Double Stuff and ended up with more duds than gift-worthy treats. If I were to attempt this project again (and I probably won’t), I would try dabbing some royal icing on the ears and let them set before applying melted chocolate. Also, the Double Stuff cookies I used weren’t Oreos, they were store brand. Maybe the Oreo filling is made of slightly different stuff.

Your pics were beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration. It was fun anyway.

wow! very nice idea! it’s very simple and yet creative. i’m going to try this to my daughter’s 1st bday. thank u

19. Linda Grady says

how far in advance can you make these…have lots to do for bday party but don’t want to wait to last 2 days to do everything

One or two days should be fine and then kept in the fridge. Make sure you have a good quality chocolate so that it does not turn chalky white!!

20. jennifer says

I made these for the daughter 3rd birthday. I found it was easiest to use the chocolate as glue first and refrigerate before coating. I twisted the oreo and on the cookie with the frosting I cut away where the stick and the ears would go…dipped both mini oreos in chocolate and then the stick and then replaced the cookie. I placed in the fridge for about 30 minutes and they were very sturdy. Then i used a small spatula to ‘paint’ them. They turned out great…Thank you the kids loved them