Let’s have a little chat…

…shall we?

I often get emails from readers wondering how I do it all. Or wondering if everything at my home is as perfect as it seems from the outside. So I thought we could sit down and have a heart to heart. I would like to address this with you so that I am not giving off the wrong impression as it is not my intention to seem like my side of the grass is greener.  My life is not perfect nor am I…

I do try to have a positive outlook on life and feel like that most of the time I am blessed to have that perspective. I believe that a lot of it stems from my upbringing, my mother and my religious beliefs.  And, the truth is that my life has its ups and downs just like everyone else. My family and our extended family has their own unique issues, and problems…whose family doesn’t?

camping

I definitely have moments where I worry about the kind of mother I am, am I doing things right?  Am I making the right choices?  Am I doing enough?  Am I doing too much?  I believe every woman, mother or not, has those moments.  I think that is normal and healthy.  And I believe that it is important as women that we try to join together and uplift each other where we can.

It is so important to support each other in our efforts while raising these future generations.  It is a lot of hard work and we need to be kind, loving and accepting of each other despite some differences we may have.

This blog has been and continues to be a place for me to share the good things in my life. I love to share the things that inspire me in hopes that it will inspire others…and YOU! So I choose not to always share the not so inspiring moments. And you need to know that even though I choose not to share them here in this forum, does not mean that they don’t exist in my life.

EVERYONE has a story.

The world is full of criticism, judgement and negativity. We get enough of it.  It is all around us.

I felt a strong compulsion to start this blog and create my own little positive space in the world.   A place that I enjoy coming to and interacting you amazing women.  Women with whom I share common likes and interests.  Women whom I would have never had the opportunity to “meet” otherwise.

I have pinned the following quote onto the bulletin board in my craft room–

The world has enough women who are tough;

we need women who are tender.

There are enough women who are coarse;

we need women who are kind.

There are enough women who are rude;

we need women who are refined.

We have enough women of fame and fortune;

we need more women of faith.

We have enough greed;

we need more goodness.

We have enough vanity;

we need more virtue.

We have enough popularity;

we need more purity.

-Margaret D. Nadauld

I love this! And I believe it is so true.

run path 5

So, I just wanted to share with you some of my thoughts about this. Everyone carries their own personal problems, hurts, worry’s, fears and concerns. These may be public knowledge or known only to you…due to their nature.

As women, we all have the same basic wants and needs.  A need to be loved and understood.  And a need to live a life of value. And though, I am not oblivious to the negative that is out there, I just choose to focus on the positive.

Thanks so much for all your amazing support and kind comments.  I truly love my readers and coming here to share the things that inspire me.  I still find it hard to believe that there are so many of you out there who are checking in to see what I have to say.  I mean…who are you people Smile?  Haha!  Know that I truly appreciate you and love to hear and see the things you are doing as well.  And though my time and my ability to visit your sites and comment back to you becomes more and more limited, I want you to know that I read and value each and every comment and email you send.  You have and continue to be a blessing in my life.

Okay then…that was a good chat right?  Thanks for listening…

What do YOU think?

Comments

1. Heather says

I have been a follower for some time and wanted to say that I love that your positiveness (is that really a word?) shines through and that I am not naiive to think its that way all the time. ;) I come to visit for the bliss that you create and showcase…especially when its been one of those days when my daughter has finally nodded off after the several trips out of her bed, my kitchen needs cleaning as it looks like a tornado blew through and my makeup is left over from yesterday…its nice to take a trip online and visit a happy place…kind of like a mini vacation of sorts! Plus, your finger puppets & covered oreos rock too!

Good chat! I choose not to include negative things on my blog too, I think it helps me stay uplifted and not dwell on my trials or the hard things in my life. Blogs are a little escape for me. Love your blog!

I love you blog and have followed you for some time. I often warn my daughters (two grown and married and a 15 year old) that to know that when they read blogs that lthese women have lives too and that each one has made decisions on what their priorities are and we all often think others have the “perfect” life when they’re simply sharing what makes their life good for them.
    I have a daughter in a wheelchair who has website to encourage others and I have asked her to have a chat just like this every once in a while to remind others that she’s a real person with real concerns, worries and problems just ike anyone else.
    Thank you for your sweet and open reminder to your readers. It’s refreshing and needed and will probably make many a tired, struggling woman’s day!

p.s. My daughter’s beautiful website if you would like to see it. She’s a mother of six who woke up paralyzed from the waist down during her last pregnancy. http://www.aliciareagan.com

4. Nohemi says

Sometimes when I read your blog I think: “I can’y even make ONE of these cute things! So that’s why I think we feel discouraged, seems like you are making them everyday, while we haven’t been able to make the simplest one. Good to hear your tru story… Thanks for sharing.

5. Heather M says

Well said!! With so much negative out there. I love having a safe haven where I can breathe and enjoy! I love that quote, i have it on my Facebook page!! Thank you for sharing your thoughts!!

Yay you. I am so thankful and grateful for this amazng post today… THANK YOU for sharing your life and thoughts and encouragement!!!

7. Cheryl S says

You said it! Life is pretty much the same for most of us – it’s just how we live it that’s makes it different. Always enjoy reading your blog and hearing about the little and big things in your life. Thanks for sharing your world with us! :)

8. Heather says

Love this. I wake up every morning. Feed my kids, get my son ready for school and then I take some “me” time. I sit and read my blogs. I love reading these “mormon mommy” blogs. They’re uplifting and positive. I’ve read countless blog posts helping me to become organized, quick, easy and yummy tasting meals, crafts, things I can do with my kids/husband. It’s nice to take a break and enjoy just some “happy” posts.

Amy,

I love you!

I could leave it at that, because it is true. BUT, I want to thank you for the positive message you share.

When I first met Derek and the boys, I just didn’t know how I would ever “get it,” you know the whole motherhood thing. I spent so very many years focused on my career and my own little world that I had no idea what to do with myself…or them.

Thank you for being my example, posting about things that helped me to become the “mother” that I am today. I needed you. AND, thank you for being a friend behind the scenes, listening to me and helping me understand that even when I am not perfect I am still valuable.

xoxo
    Tauni

10. Sharon B says

I love that quote! Although it was really weird when a Sister “quoted” it during her closing prayer…in sacrament meeting. SO weird! I do still love it, though.

11. Julie Hopple says

Great post and I love the quote! Thank you for being a piece of positivity in a world of negativity! YOu are positively refreshing!

Yes, I agree! It’s not about “hiding” anything, it’s just about keeping the focus positive. Thank you for all of your positivity (and you’re a great mom!).

13. Diane says

Thank you for sharing. The world seems to be getting darker and darker around us but if we can share the positives, the light, the right things, it will help not only us, but our families, and especially our children. Thanks again for your blog.

This gave me the chills. I love that quote. Thank you for sharing your feelings. I appreciate the positive outlook and think the world needs more “glass half-full” attitudes. Thanks!!

I am a TRUE believer in what you put out there is what you are. Staying positive & choosing to be happy is a choice. I applaud your positivity & LOVE it. I make a choice to be positive everyday & also make it a bait to have my Daughter’s “choose happy” each & every morning. We also discuss what we’re grateful for each night at bedtime. It’s not the household that I grew up in and I want that for my babies! Keep it up!! Love it! ;)

Amy I love you friend! You are such an incredible person (wife, mother, friend, etc.). Thank you for this. I’ve always loved that quote. I think I need to put that up in my house. XOXO

I’d like to also add that sadly a lot of my really close friends, including my sis in law don’t like reading blogs because it makes them feel guilty for the things they are not doing. I choose to see it as inspiring, and encouraging me in the things I can do and give me IDEAS, and also enjoy the positive light that it gives to my day;)

My Dearest Amy,

How I love you, and this post. I LOVE finding positive people on the web. It’s fairly obvious that I have enough real negativity in my life. I DON’T need to seek it out. I love seeing beautiful photos of your kids, and I love cheering for the amazing things you accomplish. And I LOVE spending time with you. You’re snarky side, is for sure an added bonus. But I love your sweet side too! You are fantastic! Thank you for being my awesome friend.

Wow Amy, such a positive post. I love it and that quote as well. I try to stay positive. Its not always happening in my life and sometimes it shows in my blog, but thats when I take a break. I dont want to spread the neagative energy to those who are trying to stay postive. My momma taught me, if you dont have anything nice to say…dont say anything at all. :) Great post :)

20. Karen T says

Stopped by from Jenclair; glad to see such positivity here. No-one has the perfect life, and I doubt that any of us would want one. You need a little darkness to show where the light is. Like Lauren, I tend to take a blog break when things become too dark.

So true Amy – great post. :) Who am I? Mom of five who loves to read positive blogs – yours is beautiful positive place I love to check into. So thank you! :)

Thank you Candace. I really appreciate you saying that. I am just a regular gal. Everyone has something inspiring within them!

Thanks Everyone for the great response to this post! I really appreciate all the kind and uplifting comments.

Thanks for that reminder. I want to be someone who sees the good in the world around me–I mean, there is SO MUCH GOOD to see. My claim to fame is that I deliver Margaret Nadauld’s newspaper every morning.;) One time I even included a note telling her how much I appreciated that very quote. May we all be a little kinder. Have a happy day!

That is a fun claim to fame! Do you slip her little notes inside the paper? hehe! Thanks for sharing that!