We took a little break from the painting and home remodeling to whip up some of these tasty Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies. With St. Patrick’s Day looming in the near future I decided to give these cookies a try.
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 8-10 drops of green food coloring (optional)
- 1/2 cup creme de menthe baking chips
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix together flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg, mint, food coloring and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Add the chocolate chunks and baking chips. Roll dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let cool.
And…they tasted pretty darn good. My son LOVED them…but he is also a fan of mint chocolate chip ice cream. He has declared them one of his favorite cookies!
Either way, they would be fun to serve up for St. Patrick’s Day or make some and give them away!
Have you ever made Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Sign up for updates and get a free copy or our Sugar Scrubs eBook!