This Giveaway is now CLOSED!
Hey guys! I am so happy to be able to share with you today an update on our Laundry Room. This room has been a work in progress for WAY too long. I shared with you in January mid way through our progress and asked for your advice. Thanks for everyone who shared. I did read each and everyone and even got a couple of emails with some great advice that actually helped push me in the right direction…so thank you. I have the best readers!
We built the washer and dryer platform in January early this year.
We started the actual remodeling process on this room way back before Thanksgiving when we painted our lockers white. I was really worried about painting ALL the cabinets white in this room, so I was struggling with trying to decide where to go next but knew that I was not happy with the final overall look of the room.
Then, we got crazy busy with the remodel of our kitchen and getting our wood flooring installed during December, January and February. So this room just sat in limbo…waiting patiently (ha!) for its turn.
Well, I got the perfect burst of energy to finally get this room ship shape during April after Snap of course! As you know, I am one of Lowe’s Creative Bloggers and our challenge for this month was to give a room a new facelift. Just the motivation I needed to finally tackle this room once and for all.
And I am really happy with the final outcome. There are still a few things to get just right…like the items on the shelves and the right window treatment…but overall I am loving it. I am so glad we were brave enough to paint the cabinets all white. The room is so bright and fresh now!
Here is what we did for the update:
- Added Crown Moldings and painted
- Updated Baseboards and made them taller…tutorial post coming soon
- Painted Black Cabinets White
- Added new cabinet hardware
- Made some shelf with corner brackets and wood…tutorial post coming soon
- Framed in new window with molding
- New light fixtures
- New door knobs on closet doors
Here are some other earlier updates we have made to this room if you are interested in checking them out as well.
Cat door underneath the sink cabinet (hidden cat food and litter box…GENIUS!)
Build a washer and dryer platform
- Well, that is not all…One lucky Idea Room Reader is going to win a $100 Gift Card to Lowe’s as part of Lowe’s Makeover Challenge.
- To enter: Simply leave me a comment on this post and if you have a room you would like to make over, I would love to know which room and why.
- That’s it! One comment per person please.
*Giveaway is open to US residents age 18 and over only and closes Friday, May 4 at noon MST. Winner will be chosen at random and has 24 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen!
Be sure to head on over for your FREE Subscription to Lowe’s Creative Ideas Magazine:
**I was given a gift card by Lowe’s to create my Lowe’s Makeover Challenge this month. However all opinions and statements are my own.
Join Us for New Ideas!