DIY blogger House—Revealed

image

I am so excited to finally be able to reveal my rooms for the Parade of Home DIY Blogger House that I have busily been planning and creating since early May.  I think most of you are aware of this project that I have been working on the last three months.  If you are new here or missed my earlier posts, you can go here, here, and here for the earlier updates.

DIY House

We worked very closely with the Interior Designer and we all had agreed on a color scheme right at the very beginning of the project.  Then we were given instructions to build an inspiration board for our rooms.  We shared many of these inspiration pics on our DIY Blogger House Pinterest Board.

I was able to lay out the mud room to include most of the items I wanted to incorporate.  The house is on the smaller side so there were definitely limitations about what we could and could not do.

Mud Room

house collage laundry room

One item I was really happy about getting approval for was this fun and unique barn door!  I have loved these doors ever since I saw on for the first time.  And I LOVE the fun color we painted it!

The other item I really pushed for was this mud room sink.  Isn’t it so unique?  I think that every mud room needs to have some area where you can clean off your kids dirty feet, shoes, clothes or even bathe the pet dog…as long as it is small!

We were able to create our own with a faucet Brian (the Interior Designer) found off of e-bay, some nesting tables and a wash basin tub.

house collage mud room

And of course, Lockers add the perfect touch for storing all those school, sports items, and outerwear the kids are sure to leave scattered everywhere!

I wanted to add some fun photos to this room to make it a bit more personalized and to show case some of the families favorite activities to do together.  My kids were super excited to have their pictures in this house on display.  They think that it means we are going to be moving in…haha!  I wish!!

Laundry Room

The other room I was in charge of was the Laundry Room.  Since I spend a great deal of time in my Laundry Room, I thought the room should have a more glamorous feeling to it.  Who likes laundry? Other than my weird friend…um hmmm!  If you spend a lot of time somewhere wouldn’t you want the area to be bright and make you feel happy when you are in there?

house collage laundry

I added a colorful chandelier which I found online (details coming) and then took apart and painted a bright, fresh yellow color.

I also made the quirky yellow wall art (tutorial coming) and the Laundry sign along with the Laundry Basket.

This room also has the potential to be an area where you could do some sewing and work on any creative home and craft projects.  So we included some storage area and a stool at the work area.  This room was a lot smaller than we had anticipated but I feel like we tried to get as much use out of the area as possible.  Which is pretty realistic to most people’s laundry and crafting spaces.

___________________________________________

I am planning on sharing the main areas of the home, which Brian was in charge of in a later post.  So look forward to that…He did an amazing job people!

The rooms were done by Lara from Less Cake {More Frosting} and Char from Crap I’ve Made.  I have shared a little sneak peek of their rooms below.  They are sharing all the details on their sites.  So be sure to hop on over and check it out.

Make a Wish Room, Boy’s Room, Nursery

House rooms collage

Jen from Tatertots and Jell-O was in charge of the office which you can get a glimpse of in the top two photos below.  Shelley from the House of Smith’s was in charge of the Pantry and the Dining built in shelf.  Be sure to head on over to their sites for their project details.

house office pantry collage

We are at a fun VIP Launch Party tonight for the Parade of Homes that starts in a couple of days.  We would love to have you come out and see this house and the other great houses that are in the Parade of Homes.

I will for sure be coming back with more details and tutorials and will be able to answer (hopefully) any questions that you may have about the house.  But most of all, I just feel so blessed and lucky to have been a part of this fun event.  I never would have imagined this would be an opportunity I would have been able to be a part of!

Thanks to Bangerter Homes for the amazing opportunity.  So grateful to have gotten to work with you.

And a huge thanks to Brian Clark, the designer!  He is immensely talented, a bit quirky, and so great to work with!

And a HUGE thank you to the folks at Daybreak —  Cameron, Aly.  Love the Daybreak Community.

If you are local to Salt Lake, be sure to come see it, as well as the other amazing homes, in person at the Salt Lake City Parade of Homes.  I will have a giveaway here shortly for two tickets to the Parade of Homes, so be sure to stay tuned!!

The Parade begins on Friday!!

*Disclaimer–I am receiving compensation to participate in the DIY Blogger House.  However all opinions, thoughts and statements are my own.

Comments

The designer Brian picked up the pillow from TJ Maxx in Draper (if you are local). He believes there was still another one there!

1. Anne Marie says

Looks great! Is that a Four Hands bench on the porch? I recently specified that for a client!

2. Camille Richmond says

Wow!!! Amy that looks so good. Glad you were able to participate in this. Sounds like you had a blast and got really creative. Love that barn door too. Love the way you get function with a fancy finish.

Your rooms look fantastic, Amy. i’m excited to hear more about the funky wall art in the pantry, it caught my eye…and I DID notice those cute faces in the pictures before you even mentioned it…i didn’t notice a dryer in that laundry room though, hopefully there was one! the stencil on the wall is also really cool. The barn door is pretty awesome, and the sink, too. way to go!

4. Angi says

This is beautiful! Will you be posting any tutorials on the barn door and the mud room sink? I would love to see them!

Thanks and GREAT job!

Thanks Becca! It was a great project from the get go. Wish you could have been there with us as it was your project to begin with!

5. Patty Perez says

Is the DIY Blogger House supposed to show that you can create a house for less if you DIY it? Or is it just supposed to be a compilation of awesomeness because DIYers like you helped create it?

Nonetheless, it looks fantastic!

Haha! There was a lot of items in the home that we did DIY for cheaper than buying it. But we did have other funds too. The designer was key in pulling it all together!

Soo Awesome! I’d love to come see the house in person! You guys are so amazing and creative! Do you happen to know how much the house is listed for? And when does the Parade of Homes begin? Thanks!!

I think the house was listed at around $389,000 but not exactly sure. I saw the number and can’t remember where I saw it. Sorry. Daybreak UT will have that number. The Parade of Homes started on Aug 4th and runs through Aug. 18th!

You really did an excellent job! The pictures over the built-ins in the mudroom look so great! And the laundry room is very glamorous/cheery. You’re making me itch to get mine made over soon ;) Great work!!

-Kayla @ whateverislovely-blog.com

Wow Amy, I saw the house today & that barn door just completely floats my boat. AND I’m crazy about the sink in the mud room. You did a fantastic job!!

Warmly, Michelle
    PS – Maybe I was just having a “dumb blonde moment”, but I had a hard time figuring out which house was the DIY Blogger’s. You may want to add to your post #12 “The Annabella”. :D

I just got back from seeing this house on the parade and I am STILL swooning! Every inch of that house is perfect, but I have to say that the mudroom and laundry room were highlights for me. I stared at that sink and couldn’t imagine how I could go home to a house without one. GENIOUS! And not just brilliant, but beautiful, too. Plus, anyone who makes me actually WANT to step inside a laundry room and stay for a while deserves a medal. I bow to you and the rest of the bloggers who just made my parade outing today an indulgent and worthwhile one. So proud of you all!

haha! You are so sweet! So glad you were able to see it and that you loved it too! It was a lot of fun! Glad to have it finished though :)! I thoroughly enjoyed working with everyone too!

I got to see this house today and I’m still in love with it. If all the stars could align perfectly, I would move in tomorrow. My sisters and I especially loved your rooms and the barn door. Everything was so great! Thanks for sharing your talents!

11. Brittany Brown says

I went to your parade home and LOVED the day bed off the patio and the mud sink. I have big plans to implement those two things in our house. Are you going to have any tutorials for how you designed the bed? I was mostly wandering about how you made the mattress for it. This was so so neat! My favorite parade home BY FAR because of all the really great ideas!

12. Rachelle says

I absolutely love the mudroom and laundry room. Especially the sink. I have the exact same galvanized bucket, now if I can get my husband into the luandry room…?

I was wondering you happen to know what the paint color through out the house is? I love LOVE love it and have been in search for the perfect neutral…

Rachelle

Hi Amy,

We own the blogger house now & I am wondering if you know the name of the fabric used in the laundry room valence?

Thanks! You each did such an awesome job!

14. Vickie says

Amy, could you give some info on the drain portion of the sink in the mud room. I am looking to do the same and wonder how this was done?

1. [...] The Idea Room [...]

2. [...] The Idea Room author, Amy, worked on the Mud Room to make a space truly unique with a barn door. [...]