Monster Cookie Recipe

Have you ever had a Monster Cookie?  I am not sure why they are called Monster Cookies other than the fact that these things are LOADED with goodness.  I thought it would be fun to share our little Halloween twist on our Monster Cookie Recipe

monster-cookies

This would be a fun door bell ditching gift for you neighbors sometime around Halloween.  Simply whip up your favorite batch of Monster Cookies and package them in this labeled jar, which is simply a cleaned out pickle jar.

monster-cookies

Make sure you really clean it out as you don’t want the cookies to have a pickle after taste! Then slap on one of these Monster Cookie Labels that I made from one of Love Manor’s amazing Halloween Labels.  Some of you may remember a couple of years ago when I used some of these same labels on this Halloween Apothecary.

monster-cookies

Monster Cookie Recipe

1/2 cup room temperature Butter
1 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
3/4 cup Sugar
3 Eggs
1/8 cup (or 2 Tablespoons) Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 cups Creamy Peanut Butter
1 tsp Baking Soda
4 ½ cups Oatmeal (Quick or Old Fashioned) (I usually put my Quick Oats in the blender to chop them up into a fine powder)

Optional Add-Ins:

Wilton Candy Eyeballs

Chocolate Chips (or other flavored chips)

M&M’s

Nuts

Raisins

Craisins

monster-cookies

Directions:

1. In mixing bowl, combine butter and sugars until blended. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until combined.
  2. Add Peanut Butter and baking Soda and mix together.
  3. Slowly add oatmeal. Blend in as much as you can with mixer and fold in the rest by hand along with your choice of Add-ins.
  4. Drop onto greased baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes in a 350 degree oven until light brown.

monster-cookies

Want to download a copy of the label I modified for the Monster Cookies?  Click on the image below or the link:

Monster Cookie Labels

*If you are not a fan of The Idea Room on Facebook, you will need to click like first and become a fan. After you become a fan you will need to click on “Get your free gift” on the Idea Room FB page and then click on “Idea Room Downloads”.

flourish_thumb.jpg
Looking for some more fun Halloween ideas including recipes, crafts and free printables? Check out our past ideas here:
Halloween Projects

Comments

WOW, I’m totally in love with this monsters… I’m just worrying, if I could get such candy eyes in switzerland. Never saw them before.

Hmmm.

Thanks for sharing!
    Iren

I think they sell them on Amazon. However, I don’t even know if Amazon ships internationally. So…that wasn’t much help. LOL!

2. Karen R says

Thanks for sharing this recipe, I am going to try it this weekend! The labels are too cute and the eyes really make the cookies!

3. Kari says

I love Monster cookies! Can’t wait to try this recipe. Just a question…is the recipe really supposed to say 1/8 CUP vanilla extract?

• Suzanne says

1/8 of a cup is only 2 Tablespoons which isn’t really that much with 8 1/2 cups of oatmeal, sugar, butter, and and peanut butter but I’ll be curious to hear what Amy says. Good question!

Thanks Suzanne. The recipe is right. I think I will include the 2 Tablespoons in the recipe as well as it does sound like a lot if people are not used to that conversion. It will save on the confusion. It was a good question. Especially since I have made typos before ;)

• Suzanne says

I’m glad I could help. Your recipes are so good! I just made the PB Rocky Road Cookies. Talk about heavenly!

You did? Yay! So happy to hear that. Thanks for coming back and sharing that! It always makes my day!

Yes Kari! I just double checked to make sure. It would not be the first time I had made a mistake. But 1/8 cup or 2 Tablespoons is correct. But I really thank you for double checking. I would hate to have someone mess up the recipe due to my typo. Hope you enjoy them!

EEEP! I love these! The label is fantastic too. We are having our annual pumpkin carving party in mid October. Our theme this year is MONSTER MASH! This is so perfect, Thank you Amy!!!!

5. Chelsey G says

Made these and they are a hit. Can’t wait for the boys to come home from school and try them. Husband especially loved them because of the peanut butter. Adding it to favorite cookie recipes. Thanks Amy:)

Wow that was fast Chelsey! So glad they got your husband’s seal of approval! Hope you are enjoying your new home!

Great question. I tried sticking them in before in the first batch and some of the eyes were covered up. I found the best way was to stick them in immediately after they come out of the oven, even before removing them from the tray. Just push them gently into place. Watch your fingers though as that cookie dough is HOT :)! You could also add icing eyes if you can’t find the Wilton candy eyes. Just add some white icing with a black eye spot after the cookies have cooled.

6. Amy says

This is sooooo cute! I can not wait to do this for our neighbors. Thanks for all the wonderful things you post! You are amazing!!

7. Tina says

These are adorable! Please tell me where you got the eyes. Do you know who makes them? Ideas on where to buy? I’m in Orlando area.

8. elise says

These are just adorable ! I will make them for my grandchildren , and a few for myself , ahmm.

Thank you so much for your recipe .
    elise

9. MarciaB says

I love these!!! I found the candy eye-balls a few months ago and bought them thinking I’d need them for SoMeThInG!!! My pre-K students would LOVE these!!!! Can’t wait to make them! (guess I’d better make some for my family too!!)

10. Lori says

I love it! I can’t get it to print right. It cuts the bottom off and it doesn’t fit on a page. Any suggestions of what I am doing wrong?

11. Lisa says

So cute! The candy eyeballs make them! Definitely going to make these this weekend. They would make a great hostess gift for a Halloween party. Just one question… if I wanted to include one of the optional add-ins, the chocolate chips for example, how much do I use… 1/2 cup, 1 cup… Thanks!

12. Vanessa says

So fun! I pinned it so I can remember to do it one day. My kids will love that. Thanks for sharing your fun idea and printable.

13. Michele Olson says

I am making them with my pre-school class tomorrow. I am going to add m&ms and Reeses pieces. I found the eyeballs at Party City, They also should have them at Michael’s Craft store. How many cookies does this make. I will probably make them fairly big?

These are amazing and so adorable. I have made plenty of cookies to take over to friends and family just for the pleasure of it, and now it will be so much more special for the little kids.

15. Judy says

I had purchased some of the eyes at K-Mart here in S.C., but didn’t have any idea what to do with them. NOW I have a plan. THANKS.

16. Erica says

Thanks for the fun idea! My little boy will love this!

An idea for anyone who can’t find the candy eyeballs:
    Use white chocolate chips, turned upside-down (pointed into the cookie) and add a dab of chocolate or black frosting for the pupil. (stick the white chips into the cookie just after you take it out of the oven. add the pupil right away, or after the cookies have cooled.)

• Erica says

Another thing I did a few days ago…
      I melted about 1/3 cup of white chocolate chips and put it in a ziploc bag. Then I snipped the corner and used it like a piping bag. I squeezed out little blobs of white chocolate and, before it hardens, stick a mini chocolate chip in upside-down for the pupil. A lot of the time, I would squeeze 2 blobs next to each other, and when I pushed the mini choc chips in, the white blobs would merge a little bit….not a problem at all though, it’s just two eyes together. Anyway, I made a ton of eyes with only a small fraction of a bag of white choc chips, and a small handful of mini choc chips.
      I’ve been putting them on random foods for my kids and they love it! Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches cut out in the shape of a bat…with eyes!! Toast cut into a random monstery shape, with eyes….monster toast! A nice surprise to see your yogurt looking back at you! So fun!

17. Corie says

Hi,

I am unable to open your Monster Cookies label. Can you re-post it when you
    have a chance? Thanks so much!!

18. Shirley says

Silly question, I guess, but after printing the labels, how are they applied to the glass jar.

Not silly! Great question. I simply glue them onto the jar with a glue stick. It works perfectly and goes on so smoothly! Then washes off when you reuse the bottle for something else!

19. andrea says

May I replace the peanut butter for another ingredient? It is not possible to get it here…