Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub

Today I am sharing my newest…Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub!  I have grown quite fond of sugar scrubs lately.  I have shared a few here in the past…Lemon Sugar Scrub (one of my absolute favorites), Brown Sugar Scrub, and a Peppermint Foot Scrub.

They are so easy to make and can be made with ingredients you already most likely have on hand.  They make your hands and skin so soft and depending on the “flavors” you add, smell amazing!  But I love the combination of fall spices that are in this specific body scrub.  They smell so amazing and the scent lingers on your skin long after you have used the scrub.  So you get wafts of “Fall” all day long! Yum!

Sugar-Scrub

Since I am craving all things pumpkin and cinnamon right now I thought it would be great to come up with a Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub…boy does this smell amazing.

You will need the following to make the Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub.

Supply List

Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub-09

Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub

Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub

Ingredients

• 2 cups Brown Sugar
  • 1/2 cup White Sugar (or Raw Sugar)
  • 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
  • 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
  • 1/3 cup Almond Oil or Coconut Oil (add more if needed)

Instructions

1. In a medium mixing bowl combine the sugars and spices.
  2. Mix together with a wooden spoon.
  3. Slowly pour in the Oil and stir until well blended.
  4. You may add more if your scrub is too dry.
  5. You don't want it to be runny, just a nice damp texture.
  6. Cover in a tight container.
  7. Store in the refrigerator up to 8 weeks.

Sugar-Scrub

This scrub can be a great way to pamper yourself during the hussle and bustle of the Holiday season.  Especially after you have been on your feel all day preparing this year’s Thanksgiving Feast.  Or whip up a batch and give it to the hostess of your Thanksgiving Dinner.

sugar-scrub-recipe

*Update–Many of you have asked if there was a printable label available for the Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub.  I am not sure why I didn’t save the original one I made, but I couldn’t find it in my files.  So, I have created a new one to share with you if you are interested.  You can access the free printable label here:

{Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub Labels}

*If you are not a fan of The Idea Room on Facebook, you will need to click like first and become a fan. After you become a fan you will need to click on “Get your free gift” in the upper right hand corner of the Idea Room FB page and then click on “Previous Downloads”.

And if you like Pumpkin Spice, you have got to make some Pumpkin Spice Play Dough!

Comments

1. Kayla says

why does it have to be refrigerated? Sorry if that is a dumb question its just, I’d really like to keep this in my bathroom but I won’t if it will mold. I keep my coconut oil in my bathroom at all times because i used it on my skin and hair.

• Jennifer Hewitt says

hmmmm…I do not refrigerate mine…it stays fresh for a VERY long time. So long as you don’t add something that spoils quickly…you can leave it in the bathroom. It won’t even get hard if a little water gets in it so long as you put the lid back on it.

2. April-Living the Sweet Life says

This looks so good. I am making it tonight. I can’t wait to try it.

3. Valerie says

Can’t wait to try this! I also, would like to know if this must be kept in the fridge. I’d love to give as gifts but keeping it cold might be a problem!

4. Yvonne Schoen says

I am going to do the scrubs for Christmas presents and can’t wait. can I ask where you purchase the cute little jars?Thanking you and keep up the great work!!!

5. Marie says

I Just love this!!
    Heck i love all your ideas!!
    I am going to make some to give to my kids teacher for Thanksgiving..
    I was hoping there is a way to print out your tag?
    If so Plz let me know.
    Thanks, Marie

6. Karen Ebner says

Where can I get the labels for your sugar scrubs. I’d love the one for the pumpkin spice and peppermint. Also where did you get the jars for the peppermint scrub?

Thank you, can’t wait to make these!

Karen Ebner

7. Rebecca says

I’m making homemade hampers for Xmas this year and your scrubs are perfect. I just made the peppermint one for my sister. It looks so pretty. I’m going to make this one for my mum. Am also wondering about the expiration date and reason for keeping in the fridge.

8. Abby says

Does this sugar scrub have to be refrigerated? Hoping to give in a christmas gift and that may make it more complicated. Thanks!

9. Tara says

It shouldnt need refrigeration at all. Nothing is perishable. Everything is quite shelf stable. Sugar is also a natural preservative. Just make sure your hands are clean when using it. Better yet use a clean utilsil each time to stir the contents and then put some in your hands :)

• Trish F says

I agree Tara, I don’t see anything in this that would require refrieration.
      If someone is concerned just add a few drops of Cinnamon & Clove to act as a preservative.

10. jenny says

Just found your site.. trying to make some home made gifts and i wondered where do you get the jars (and labels).. they are really cute and the they look the perfect size i did not see that you had responded so i am hoping you may email me or if someone else sees this that they may point me in the right direction :)

I mentioned this fabulous sugar scrub on my Capturing Inspirations blog :) Thank you for sharing such a fun recipe to try for the fall season!

12. Elly says

Hi, it’s me again! Do you have the labels for this? My sister is obsessed with Pumpkin Spice and I know she’d love this!

Thanks so much! :)

13. Theresa says

I made this last night and it made my hands feel heavenly! I used coconut oil and the smell of coconut was more prevalent than the spices, so to fix that I just added a bit more of the spices. I can’t wait to give it as gifts. Thanks so much for this wonderful idea.

So glad you loved it! Good idea on adding more spices. I know some Coconut Oils are stronger than others!!

14. Shannon says

Hi, I’m planning on making this for xmas presents and I’m just wondering if you need to melt the coconut oil first? My coconut oil is solid and based on the picture I think yours is too? The almond oil is in liquid form in the picture though. Thanks in advance!

Yes…you will need to melt it. If you don’t want it to be solid when it cools, you can mix in a little bit of almond oil or another oil to prevent the scrub from getting to hard.

15. Susie says

Hi! I was thinking of making some batches of this for girls to make and sell at troop craft sale… what size jar did you use? Judging from the amounts of sugar, it was not a small one… I’m looking to use 4oz jelly jars, how many do you think I can get using this recipe? Just trying to see if I need to double or triple the recipe, and figuring out cost so I know what I can reasonably sell them for. Any info you have would be great, thanks!

The recipe makes about 1 cup. The jar I used was an 8 oz. jar so it fit almost perfectly in it. Hope that helps!

1. […] Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub – 1 freebie(s)? […]

2. […] Sillivan 05// Room of the week from Coco Kelley 06// Sweet DIY pumpkin spice sugar scrub by The Idea Room (have to try this for the next autumn theme wedding!) 07// Smitten by this adorable kitchen via Hey […]