Thanksgiving Table Centerpiece

Can you believe that we are now counting down the days till Thanksgiving? So crazy! I have been looking forward to the holidays for a while now and I recently made this Thanksgiving Table Centerpiece…the perfect touch for your Thanksgiving Tables this year!

thanksgiving-table-decor

And it just so happens that Thanksgiving Dinner, with all the relatives, might just end up at our house this year.  So…of course we needed to have a pretty centerpiece.  Pretty important right?!

thanksgiving center piece-01

All I did was build a simple wood box.  This really is such a simple project that really anyone can do.  If you don’t want to make a box, you can use a plantar.  I will share how I built the box in a later post, so be sure to stop back later if you are interested in learning how I built it.

spanish moss

Then take some Spanish Moss or other filler and place in the bottom of your box.

*BE CAREFUL WHEN USING WITH CANDLES AS THE MOSS IS DRY AND FLAMMABLE.  NEVER LEAVE A BURNING CANDLE UNATTENDED.

thanksgiving center piece-03

Then take some berry garlands and tuck them into the edges of the boxes and hide the wires under the moss.  I used a couple of different garlands for this.  A white one and a multi-colored autumn one.  I found the white one in the Christmas section of Hobby Lobby and the autumn has been part of my décor for a few years now.

thanksgiving-tables

Throw in some fruit and/or vegetables and a couple of candles and you have a lovely centerpiece for the middle of your Thanksgiving Table.  I like that it is also low and doesn’t intrude on your table space and gives you plenty of room for that giant bowl of buttery garlic mashed potatoes!

thanksgiving-decor

To learn how we built the wooden box, click here for the tutorial: Wooden Centerpiece Box

thanksgiving-table-decor

Comments

It looks lovely. Nice and low too, high center pieces are annoying when your trying to talk to the person opposite you!

2. Suzanne says

This is a super centerpiece. I’m eager to see how to build the box but appreciate the suggestion of the planter as an immediate solution.

3. Daphne says

This Post couldn’t have come at a better time! I’ve been looking high and low at all the craft stores for a container exactly like this. I have a very handy husband with lots of leftover wood so I’m not sure why I didn’t think to build one! Thanks so much!!

Perfectly simple yet elegant — just like you! I agree with Acacia’s comment that a low centerpiece is preferable to a big, elaborate confection around which you can’t see. Lovely!

awww…seriously that comment just made my day! Thank you so much! I agree. Big centerpieces can be pretty but make it hard to see around when trying to chat with your table mates.

Beautiful! I’ve been wanting to make one! I’m looking forward to some EASY directions. I think I will put my boys to work on this one! Thanks for posting! Happy Fall!

6. Denice says

This would also be cute for a Christmas table centerpiece! It would be a great gift for friends and family. I’m looking forward to your step by step directions! Thanks for posting your cute creation!

Visiting from Momtrends Friday Finds – your centrepiece is gorgeous! I love how easy it is to put together too – perfect for someone like me who is a bit challenged in the crafting department!! It’s lovely to discover your blog.

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the extra time and effort to leave such a lovely comment. I always appreciate that. Hope you continue to follow along AND enjoy what you see!

so pretty, amy! i love the power of white candles. they go with anything & can set a wonderful mood for any meal. so fun with the pops of orange!

xo