Do you celebrate the Holidays with an Advent Calendar? Our Holiday Advent Calendar is one of my kids favorite traditions each year. So I thought it would be fun to share some of the our Holiday Advent Calendar Activities.
We choose not to have a candy advent calendar because the kids get so many sweets anyway during the holidays. So we put different Christmas activities for kids in ours. Now we all know how busy this time of year can be and sometimes adding one more thing to an already busy time can put us moms over the edge.
So I type up a big list of activities and put it in my office drawer. Then right before the kids get home (or before we open that days advent) I cut off the activity that we can feasibly do that day depending on our schedule. Some days the activity is as simple as drinking some hot cocoa. But if we have a more open schedule we can do an activity that is more involved. THIS has been HUGE in helping us be successful with this tradition.
Silhouette sent me their cute 2012 Advent Calendar. If you want to make one, you can get your own Silhouette Limited Advent Calendar here.
Here are some ideas of things you can include in your Holiday Advent Activity Calendar.
1. Decorate the Christmas tree.
2. Write letters to Santa.
3. Build a snowman.
4. Have a snowball fight.
5. Make Christmas cookies and surprise a neighbor or two with a plate.
6. Sing Christmas Carols together.
7. Write Christmas letters to relatives we will not see for Christmas.
8. Watch a Christmas movie.
9. Visit Santa at the Mall.
10. Take a drive to see the Christmas Lights.
11. Clean out old toys and donate to Goodwill.
12. Make a gift for kids teachers.
13. Make some Christmas Candy.
14. Play a game in front of the fire.
15. Watch The Grinch.
16. Learn more about Jesus.
17. Sleep under the Christmas Tree.
18. Do a secret service for someone in the family or a neighbor.
19. Make a gingerbread house.
20. Read an extra Christmas story.
21. Make some reindeer food for Christmas Eve (recipe here).
22. Read the Christmas story in Luke Chapter 2 and other scriptures.
23. Act out the nativity scene.
24. Listen to Christmas music.
25. Set out cookies and reindeer food for Santa and his reindeers.
26. Read the notes in our love socks (more to come on this later).
27. Watch a Christmas special on television.
28. Go sledding!
Check out this Countdown to Christmas with this Printable Advent Calendar
This Ebay Guide of Christmas Advent Countdowns.
Do you do an activity advent? What are some activities that you include in yours?