January Photo-A-Day 2013

Did you play along with us in December?  Or did you fizzle out in the third week…like I did?  Ha!  No worries.  January is a new month.  Come join us again.  It has been so fun to see all of your fun pictures and to get to know some of you a little bit better!

So if you have not played along with us before, no worries…it is really easy to join in the fun. If you miss a day…or two…or 16…it really isn’t a big deal. Just join in when you can. The point is to get you taking pictures and recording those everyday moments in your life. If you don’t like the photo prompt for the day, use your own!

photo-a-day

To play along simply take a photo and post it to one of your social media sites.  I use Instagram to post mine too and then sometimes share them on Facebook and TwitterPlease use the hashtag #idearoom to tag your photos.  This will then add your photo to the list of photos under the #idearoom hashtag.  If you click on the “#idearoom” it will pull up everyone’s photos who are playing along.  So you can see all the fun things The Idea Room readers are sharing.

If you want me to follow along with you personally, feel free to leave your Instagram name here and I am happy to follow.  I look forward to playing along with you in January!

Who is going to join us?

Amy Huntley is the owner/author of The Idea Room. A mother of five, who enjoys sharing her love of all things creative in hopes of inspiring other women and families. Connect with her on Google+, or read more of her posts.

Comments

1. 1

I haven’t played along yet, but have been thinking about it for awhile. I am going to try to play along this month. Hopefully I remember. My instagram is http://instagram.com/jenniffier

• 2
      Jennifer Lewis says:

I am in , and have been : lewisjl9704 ! when is the march photo a day challenge going to be up: ) I am excited!

2. 3

I’m gonna try! @ajennuinelife

3. 4
  4. 5

I’m goinng to try. Sound fun. @playsintraffic2

5. 6

I wanna play :) Instagram is JRnjamie

6. 7

Sounds like fun!!

@sara_snaps

7. 8

I’ve never done anything like this. I’m getting a new camera next week so this should be fun.

@boyzx3

8. 9
    kristin kinczel says:

Just got a new camera and can’t wait to try this. Going to get my daughters in on it too! Instagram for me is: busymommaof2

9. 10

I have been trying to find a good monthly photo challenge and this sounds like fun. Cannot wait to participate! @kcblake82

10. 11

Instagram @KEICHTEN

11. 12

I’m going to try @andrealincoln

12. 13

I want to try! My Instagram name is sarcar.

13. 14

I played along over the summer and I think I made it a little more than halfway through before fizzling out… But I had a lot of fun doing it! @MdoubleMcrafts

14. 15
    Jeanne Ann Carver says:

New phone means more pictures (I hope) so I am excited to play along. My Instagram is: jcreationsky

15. 16

I’m new to “hashtagging” how do you do it?

• 17

a hash tag is simply a word or a phrase with the # sign in front of it. When you click on it it will take you to other pictures that have also been tagged with the same hashtag. So for example if you put #idearoom anyone who tags their pictures with that will all show up on instagram so that you can view them all together.

16. 18

I’d like to give it a try too! This looks like fun! My Instagram is 123monamie

17. 19

I joined December’s today and hope to continue into January. :) My Instagram is lorepuckett

18. 20

I am going to do this for real in January! My Instagram is LADYTASH84

19. 21

It sounds awesome! Follow me @ashley_grimm98 :)

20. 22

It sounds awesome! Follow me @ashley_grimm98

21. 23

Mu instagram is _MichellekDixon

22. 24
    Amy hargrove says:

Fun idea!! I love IG and have never done this before:) going to give it a try!
    I am private but will accept you!! :)
    Abhargrove

23. 25

i’m down!
    Farrah

24. 26

This is exactly what I was looking for! I want to start taking a picture a day and having an photo prompt is very helpful! I can’t wait to get started! You can find me in Instagram under bravosfan :)

25. 27

I’m in! @cakes_by_rachel

26. 28
    Clementine Ang says:

Consider me in :D @_clemmy_

27. 29

I’m going to give it a try. I’ve always wanted to do something like this. I’m on Instagram: @thissweetcraziness

28. 30

@spanna_09 Can’t Wait !

29. 31

@ajm19

30. 32

Have my list posted on Instagram and Facebook – can’t wait to get started!! Instragram – @rocket_robin

31. 33

So if I tag my pictures on bloodspot with #theidearoom, will that be enough? Or does it have to be on instatgram or twitter, neither of with which do I have an account.

32. 36

I’ll play! @F_A_S_H_N

33. 37

Playing along…instagram.com/lot51tiki

34. 38

I’ll play along :-) @pattypattita

35. 39

Im playing….waterpolojordi

36. 40

So I started out playing along with you all on my blog. But now that I’ve updated my iPhone, I have an instagram acct. that I want to share with you. I feel like I’m missing out on a lot of pictures that those here are posting.
    #PamelaRios08

37. 42

I’ve been keeping up! Are you coming up with one every month? I’m ready to do this all year!!

38. 44

My instagram is @meg8488 if anyone wants to follow! I’ll follow back!

39. 45

This sounds like so much fun! I’m definitely going to try :) Follow me @sarinnasao

40. 46

follow me on IG.. It’s feb now and still doing this challenge .. @kcamillem.. thanks =)

41. 47

Hey, I want to try this out, all I have to figure out Instagram, or is there anyway else, like posting to Facebook? Guess I will have to wait till June to try it out, and maybe someone could explain the technology of the #tag etc!!!!!!!!??????

42. 48

I’m in this month too!

I will be posting on my blog as well as instagram @redsoxcrzy

1. January Photo A Day Lists - Snaps of Our Life | Snaps of Our Life says:

[...] The Idea Room #theidearoom [...]

2. […] I’ve compiled my own lists based on the ideas from several of these sites (like Fat Mum Slim, The Idea Room, A Grande Life…).  I plan to post them here on a regular basis and add commentary as […]