Homemade Valentines–Crush Bottles

I’ll admit…I am looking forward to Valentine’s Day this year.  Last year we were right in the middle of our Kitchen Remodel and so, as you can imagine, we were in a huge mess of dust and chaos.  The Valentine’s Day decorations and homemade Valentines didn’t make much of an appearance.

valentines-gift-idea

Well this year I am hoping to make up for it.  There are so many fun ideas out there that I was excited to get busy creating.  This crush bottle is not a new idea and I have seen some really cute versions floating around the web.  I just LOVED the idea of using the CRUSH soda to give as a gift.  So, I made my own labels that to use as a gift for my daughter’s pre-school friends this year.

homemade-valentines

And the best news?  The gifts are ready to go already.  How is that for being prepared?

I made some cute tags too by simply punching out a 1.5 inch circle of scrapbook paper and gluing it onto a scalloped 2 inch piece of paper.  Then wrap some baker’s twine around the neck of the bottle and throw on a cute mini clothes pins which I painted white.  I also added this fun pewter heart!

crush-bottle

I came up with a couple of different labels in pink and blue. The labels look pretty washed out in the photographs but show up darker in real life. They were proving difficult to photograph ;)!

Simply click on each label image to get the download to take you to the download page.  You must be a fan of the Idea Room to get access to the labels.  Click on “Previous Downloads” and you will find each label.

valentines-gift-idea

crush-soda

crush tage light blue

Give the crush bottles separately as a small gift or give the entire six pack to “your little crush”.

homemade-valentines

Fill the bottles with some fun Valentine’s Day Candy and add some fun scrap book paper to the box to jazz it up a bit like I did for these Bath Salts.

Valentines Day Crush-06

Throw in a fun stripey straw and enjoy!  But beware…when you put a cardboard straw into this Strawberry Crush, the carbonated drink gets a little crazy.  So be prepared for it to come bubbling up.

valentines-gift-idea

Now, I have had more than a few of you ask me how I get my labels to stick to the jars or what paper I print them on.  Great question!  I simply print my labels onto white cardstock paper and then cut them out by hand or with my Silhouette.  Then simply glue them onto the bottles with an old fashioned glue stick.  It works like a charm and leaves no bubbles if you gently smooth out the label with your fingers!

homemade-valentines

I have got some more Valentine’s Day posts in the works so be sure to check back in.  I am also struggling to write a pretty personal post about my recent health issues.  Well see if I can get it published here soon.  I’m struggling with finding the right words :)!  Hope you all have a great day! xo

Comments

Adorable! Can’t wait to see what else you have in store! Sorry to hear that you’ve been under the weather. Don’t worry, God will put the words there when it’s the right time. Until then, get well!

Those are sooo cute! I drank from one of those paper straws for the first time this week. They are much prettier than they taste! ;)

Owww I love this and believe it or not it’s the first time I’ve seen it. I’m going to put this idea in my notebook for future reference. So excited to see what else you have planned. ^_^

Sending healing thoughts to you and I so agree with Jill. When the time is right, God will give you the words to use.

Hugs,
    Regi

Thank you Amy! I borrowed this idea and put my own little twist on it :) That still counts right? Hope you are doing well Amy!

Amy,
    So cute! I love the tag you made for the neck of the bottle. We’ve got two little boys in our house that can’t have artificial colors, flavors, or corn syrup, though. So I’d have to change it up a bit with an all natural soda that’s made with cane sugar. I might play with the idea a bit. Thank you very much for sharing this. I’ve got three boys in school and a baby girl.
    I’m sorry to hear about your recent health problems. ((Hugs!)) I pray you have strength to get through it.

Caryn,

We should all follow suit. That stuff really is not good for anyone. Plus, my kids told me this soda tasted like cough syrup…so there you go :) Thanks for the encouragement! Sounds like you have a sweet little family!

5. Sarah says

Thank you! A post about a holiday BEFORE the holiday. I am so glad to see this! You are pretty good at this, LOL thank you!

Ummmm you are like the craftiest person on the planet! These are adorable! I am waiting for an OREO cookie post…..that is how I found you last year and started following you was by your oreo cookie creations and I think it was Valentines day!

ha! Well not so sure about that. You are sweet! I gave up on the Oreo Pops. I got a bit sick of them LOL! But I am so glad they led you to me. It’s been great getting to know you a little bit better ;)!