One of our favorite family traditions each year around Christmas time is to sit down together and watch one of our favorite Christmas Movies. Because Christmas time is special, its fun to add a little extra pizzazz to our popcorn. This year I decided to make some White Chocolate Candy Cane Popcorn and throw in these fun, festive-colored Sixlets from SweetWorks.
I just love Sixlets…don’t you? Sixlets always remind me of growing up. My 4 siblings and I used to walk (almost 2 miles one way) down to the Old Fashioned Drug Store on the occasional Saturday and buy candy (for a penny or 5 cents—Did I just date myself?). My sisters and I would always buy a little sleeve of Sixlets.
I was recently contacted by Sweet Works about doing a giveaway and was excited to see one of my favorite childhood candies in all sorts of fun colors. And you know how much little things like this make me happy! And, colorful chocolate candy additions make this Candy Cane Peppermint Popcorn that much more perfect!
Want the recipe for your family?
Candy Cane Popcorn
12 oz. of white chocolate, melted (I prefer the chocolate blocks but chocolate chips or white candy melts will work too)
1/4 cup of un-popped popcorn (measure it un-popped and then pop it)
1/2 cup of crushed candy canes
2-3 drops peppermint oil
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
dash of salt (optional)
Red and White Sixlets (or candy of your choice)
1. Pop your popcorn and make sure to remove all the un-popped popcorn kernels. Place in a large mixing bowl with ample room to mix.
2. Melt white chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave. White chocolate melts better and more smoothly for me when I do it in a double boiler. (Or in a pan over a pan of water on the stove…you can google it if needed).
3. Add crushed candy canes and peppermint oil to melted white chocolate and stir quickly. Pour over popcorn and mix it so that all the popcorn is covered. It is helpful to have another set of hands for this part if possible.
4. Spread out in a jelly roll pan and then while still sticky, the candy over the top of the popcorn. Add a dash of salt over the popcorn.
5. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave and drizzle over the popcorn. Set aside and let the chocolate harden.
6. Break up into bite size pieces and serve up in a bowl or a gift bag.
Want to win your own set of candy from SweetWorks? SweetWorks is giving one Idea Room reader the following:
- 14oz. bag of Celebration by SweetWorks Christmas Mix Sixlets
- 8oz. bag of Celebration by SweetWorks Christmas Mix Gumballs
- 5oz jar of Celebration by SweetWorks Red/White Shimmer Pearls
- 5oz jar of Celebration by SweetWorks Christmas Mix Pearls
- Sixlets Christmas Cane
- Niagara Chocolate Santa
- Niagara Chocolate Rocking Horse
- Ovation Dark Mint Filled Break-A-Part
- 3.5oz box of Mint Ovation Sticks
- Milk Chocolate Orange Balls
If you would like to be entered for a chance to win this gift package, please follow the directions in the Rafflecopter Box below.
*If you are on a mobile device, you may need to enter on a computer for the widget to work properly. Depending on your internet speed or the busy-ness of the widget, you may need to wait a few seconds for it to load properly.
This is going to be a quick one so be sure to enter ASAP. The winner will be contacted and have only 24 hours to respond before a new winner will be chosen!! Giveaway will end on December 16th at Midnight (MST).
Want to make this Candy Cane Peppermint Popcorn and give it away this year? Here is a FREE Printable Gift Tag for you to download if you would like.
*If you are not a fan of The Idea Room on Facebook, you will need to click like first and become a fan. After you become a fan you will need to click on “Get your free gift” in the upper right hand corner of the Idea Room FB page and then click on “Previous Downloads”.
*Fine Print: Giveaway ends at 11:59pm (MST) on December 16, 2013 . One winner will receive the candy items specified above. Must be 18 years of age or older and a resident of the U.S.A. to enter. This giveaway is in no way affiliated with Facebook or Pinterest. Facebook and Pinterest will be completely released by each entrant. One entry per person. Entry includes filling out the Rafflecopter form above. Winner will be chosen using random.org. and will be notified via email within a few hours of the giveaway closing time. Winners will be announced on the post, not on Facebook. The winners must respond within 24 hours of receiving the email or a new winner will be chosen. No purchase necessary. **This is a sponsored post on behalf of Sweet Works. However, all statements and opinions are mine and mine alone.
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Sign up for updates and get a free copy or our Sugar Scrubs eBook!