January Photo-a-Day Challenge 2014

We made it through a whole year of Photo-a-Day Challenges?  Are you still with us?  Or just joining in?  We are glad to have you joining our fun community for our January Photo-a-Day Challenge.  If you have any questions about how to play along, I have shared some guidelines below.  I can’t wait to see what you share with us!

January-Photo-a-Day-Challenge-2014

What exactly is photo-a-day you say?

Every month I share with you some photo prompts or suggestions for each day of the month.  You can play along by taking a picture of your interpretation of the prompt (or come up with your own if you don’t like it).

How do I play along?

You can share your photos through any of the social media platforms: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, your Blog, Flickr, etc.

You can tag me @theidearoom on your social media sites too if you want me to be able to see it!  I love to see what my readers are sharing!  It makes my day!

Simply add the hashtag #theidearoom so that the rest of us who are playing can follow along and we can all see your photos.

What is a hashtag and how does it work?

A hashtag is the pound sign (#) followed by a word of short phrase (without a space) that describes or classifies your tweet or photo on Twitter or Instagram.  If you click on a hashtag you will be taken to a list of tweets or pictures all containing the same hashtag.

How can I see other people’s photos?

Once you’ve shared your own photo, and included the hashtag #theidearoom,simply click on the the hashtag.  You will be taken to a screen with everyone’s photos who have also added #theidearoom hashtag.  Go ahead and comment and like each other’s photos.  This way everyone has fun!

What if you forget a day…or 2…or 20?

Not a big deal…really! Just start up again.  You can play catch up, or just start again.  No one will care…I promise.  Heck…I skipped plenty of days when life got too crazy and the prompts are mine!!  Share with your friends and family!  Have fun.  The point is to get you to record your everyday moments.  To capture a small snapshot of your day.

But remember…The Idea Room is a family friendly site!  Let’s keep it that way people!

Want to play along?

Want to follow The Idea Room on our various Social Media Platforms?  You can find me here:

The Idea Room on Facebook

The Idea Room on Pinterest

The Idea Room on Twitter @TheIdeaRoom

The Idea Room on Instagram @TheIdeaRoom

The Idea Room on Vine The Idea Room

The Idea Room RSS feed

Want to know what the past Photo Challenges have been?  You can check them out here:

December 2013 Photo-a-Day Challenge

March 2013 Photo-a-Day Challenge

February 2013 Photo-a-Day Challenge

January 2013 Photo-a-Day Challenge

December 2012 Photo-a-Day Challenge

November 2012 Photo-a-Day Challenge

Comments

I may be joining in. I already participate in another photo-a-day challenge, but I don’t think it will be too difficult to add another one. And I would probably be sharing my photos at the end of the week in one post, not sure yet.
    Glad to have seen this.

2. LoriT. says

Love this…seems like every once in a while I find a photo challenge and determine to do it but don’t…I feel like 2014 for me is going to be a year of less wishing and more acting…so here I go to take my first photo…see ya soon :)

3. LoriT. says

so I tried tagging my photo with @theidearoom but it won’t let me…and even though I hashtagged the photo it doesn’t take me to theidearoom photo page, nor did my photo appear on the page…do I have to manually upload it there? I though hashtagging would just automatically have it be on that page…what am I doing wrong?

4. Chris says

Hi! I’m joining the photo challenge starting today. Not sure I’ll post every day. At the present, my goal is to post 2 to 3 times per week. I’m glad your “rules” are flexible that way.

Now, question…I posted my photo for Organize on my Facebook page. Added #theidearoom. But when I clicked on that, I was taken to a page with just a few photos and did not see my post. Being new to this, I’m not sure if I’m doing this correctly. Any advice?

The best way to see the pictures is the #theidearoom on Instagram. I realize many of you are not on instagram but on FB and FB does not have an easy way to see them all together. If you tag @theidearoom I will see them or just continue using the #theidearoom and then others will be able to see them too. Does that help?

5. Els says

I am married to a photographer and although I have always loved photography, it’s gotten worse (or better) since I met him. This is a wonderful idea, I’ll gladly participate. Only started yesterday though, but yeah.

Have discovered a photo site (Blipfoto) where the idea is to post one picture per day. I will combine that and this and I’m a happy girl :-)

I am playing along and love your themes! I am using my blog to share my pics, but how do I connect with everyone else {aside from instagram & FB?}
    Do you do weekly link ups so I can find other fellow bloggers? Thanks so much!

1. […] my daily doings and hopefully this will spur me on throughout the year.  The site is called The Idea Room (January Photo-a-Day Challenge 2014), and has great photo prompts for each month.  I think that […]

2. […] Practice makes better, right? I want to try a 365 photo project, maybe one with prompts like The Idea Room’s or Fat Mum Slim’s. Last year I got into the habit of regularly trying new recipes by […]