Santa’s Key

Looking for a last minute Christmas gift idea or some Christmas Décor?  I have one for you that you can literally put together in just a few minutes…Santa’s Key.

santas-magic-key

Have you heard of Santa’s Magic Key?  The legend states that any old key, with Santa’s Magic, can open any door.  This allows Santa to get into homes who do not have a chimney or a fireplace.

neighbor-gift

Hang the key on a door handle or display it in your home and Santa will be sure to find his way to deliver his gifts.  This is not a new idea, I just wanted to put my own twist on it.  I thought it would be nice to be able to display the key on our Christmas mantle.

christmas-printable

I simply took an old scrap of wood left over from this North Pole Crate I shared with you earlier, and cut it so that it fit the poem.  Then I sanded the wood down on the sides and the top and bottom so that it didn’t have any rough edges.

Santas-magic-key

Then I mod-podged the Santa’s Key Poem onto the wood block with a matte Mod Podge.  Wrap a pretty ribbon around the block with the key attached and tie it in a bow to hold it in place.  You can find keys at your craft store or you can find them here on Amazon…skeleton key.

Or hang it from a door knob to display it in your home.  You can also just attach the poem and the Santa’s Magic Key tag and set it in a prominent area in your home.

Christmas-printables

I think any young child or family would enjoy getting this unique gift.  And…it is something that can be given really inexpensively.

I couldn’t find the original source of the poem I used, and would love to link back to them if any of you know where I can find it.  I would love to give credit where it is due.

Christmas

If you would like to download the poem and/or the Santa’s Key tag you can click on the link below.  If you are having trouble downloading it, you may need to be on a non-mobile device.

{Santa’s Key Tag and Poem}

christmas-printables

As always, I love to hear when you use on my these ideas.  I would love to see or hear about them.  Six more sleeps ‘till Christmas!

Christmas-gift

Comments

1. Chinita says

When I click on {Santa’s Key} above for the download I get an error reading PAge Not Found. Any ideas?

Oh really? It is kind of fun. I have been wanting to make one for a few years and finally did this year! Thanks Mique!

The link is up. You just have to scroll down to the end of the post. Let me know if you have any problems!

2. Carol says

This was new to me too. You would have to hang the key on or by the front door on Christmas Eve for Santa to be able to use it.

Yes…you could. Santa’s magic could make it work in the house too…cause well…it’s magic :) Then I get to enjoy it in the house!

3. D.E.L. says

I bought a “Santa key” at Hallmark stores a few years back – this is so cute and the poem is adorable! For the young and the young at heart!

Thank you so much! I didn’t know Hallmark sold them. So that might be a good resource if people are having a hard time find a key to use. The poem is fun huh? Hoping to find the original source of it!

4. Jan says

I love your idea. I must say though, I don’t understand why you have to join Facebook on so many blogs to get the supposedly FREE stuff. Quite frankly, I don’t have time for Facebook. I don’t know if people get money from doing this or not. More and more, you have to go through Facebook or download some new program to be able to download the Free printables. I can personally testify to the trouble you can get in with all these downloads because you end up with stuff on your computer that you don’t know what the heck it is. Guess I better get more adapt at making printables. Thank you for the wonderful idea though and sorry that I can’t download it.

So sorry Jan. I understand your frustration. I used to offer them without having to go through FB but then I had people selling them and posting them on their own sites and claiming them as their own. So you can understand my frustration. It is just a couple more clicks and well…it is free. I am sorry that is inconvenient for you as it is for me to add the additional steps but it has cut down on the misuse of MY personal creations and works. Unfortunately a few people with their dishonesty makes it more inconvenient for the rest of us. My next solution will have to be to start charging for my printables and I certainly don’t want to do that. Hope you had a great Holiday.

5. Laura says

I will also send you a FB message, but I wanted to ask if it is OK for me to make 3 or 4 of these in the style of the wood block to sell at a craft fare? I can include a web address at the bottom or back to notate that this idea was yours. Not sure how all this works and in the spirit and generosity of which you have shared this I do not wish to dishonor it by somehow not knowing the proper etiquette, Thank you as this is a new one to me and as I find this adorable would love to have the ability to make a few to share and a few to add to a craft fare booth my daughter is doing this coming Saturday!

6. Peggy says

I would love a copy of this poem and tag. The link given takes me around in a circle–no poem and no tag. Can you please help?

The link is working for me. Can you try clicking on the image. Let me know if you are still unable to download it!