I saw the CUTEST gumball necklace a couple of years ago from One Charming Party and LOVED it. I always wanted to make one. This year I decided to make a wooden bead necklace that was similar. I love the idea of giving a necklace that someone could really wear instead of candy. These Valentine necklaces would be perfect to give to your daughter(s), granddaughter(s) and nieces…or even your girlfriends!
To make the necklaces all you need to do is paint the wooden beads (in the size or mixed sizes that you want). I put them on a wooden skewer to paint them easier. When you have two coats (allow to dry between each coat) you can add a shiny urethane gloss. I use one that can be found right by the craft paints.
When the shiny coating has dried you can string them onto a thin ribbon. Tie a knot at the end of the beads and then tie in a bow. I burn the edges of the cut ribbon to prevent it from fraying. The ribbon just melts and seals so it won’t fray.
If you would like to download the Necklace Valentine’s Day Tag, click on the link below.
*If you are not a fan of The Idea Room on Facebook, you will need to click like first and become a fan. After you become a fan you will need to click on “Get your free gift” in the upper right hand corner of the Idea Room FB page and then click on “Previous Downloads”.
And…I am participating in a fun new series of Pinterest Parties this year with a group of my favorite bloggers.
- Amy from The Idea Room // Follow Amy on Pinterest
- Amy from Positively Splendid // Follow me on Pinterest
- Cheryl from TidyMom // Follow Cheryl on Pinterest
- Cindy from Skip to My Lou // Follow Cindy on Pinterest
- Desiree from The 36th Avenue // Follow Desiree on Pinterest
- Heather from Whipperberry // Follow Heather on Pinterest
- Jen from Tatertots and Jello // Follow Jen on Pinterest
- Kari Ann from Thistlewood Farms // Follow Kari Ann on Pinterest
- Kellie from Nest of Posies // Follow Kellie on Pinterest
- Kristi and Kelli from Lolly Jane // Follow Lolly Jane on Pinterest
- Melissa from No. 2 Pencil // Follow Melissa on Pinterest
- Mique from 30 Handmade Days // Follow Mique on Pinterest
- Tauni from SNAP! // Follow Tauni on Pinterest
We are so excited to be hosting a Pinterest Party to celebrate Valentine’s Day! Help us create the most comprehensive holiday Pinterest board on Sunday, January 26, at 9 p.m. EST/ 8 p.m. Central/ 7 p.m. MST/ 6 p.m. PST by sharing your favorite Valentine-themed projects and recipes.
*Comment on this post and leave a link to YOUR favorite Valentine’s Day project and/or recipe.
*Tweet YOUR favorite Valentine’s Day project and/or link using the hashtag #YearOfCelebrations
**Be sure to tweet the hashtag #YearofCelebrations since Twitter is the only LIVE hashtag link we can follow and track
*On Sunday, January 26, at the appointed time, watch as we build a board full of amazing ideas – including yours!
*Be sure to follow along during the party to re-pin and comment on the board’s posts using the hashtag #YearOfCelebrations
*One lucky party participant will walk away with…
We are so excited to PIN and SHARE all of your amazing projects!
I hope you will join us!
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Sign up for updates and get a free copy or our Sugar Scrubs eBook!