DIY Whipped Body Butter Recipe

I am really excited about today’s post! Still working with bad cell phone pictures…bear with me. My camera finally arrived and I am excited to start learning it. The bad pictures are killing me! First world problems. Anyways…winters are really dry here and I am loving this amazing Whipped Body Butter recipe I have been playing around with.

body-butter

I finally got the right combination to make this smooth and creamy body butter. It was a lot of fun experimenting and was definitely out of my comfort zone. I did a bit of research first and found a lot of the same basic recipes but wanted to incorporate coconut oil. Coconut oil is such a great oil for your skin and is the main oil I have to use due to my food allergies.

whipped-body-butter-recipe Ingredients:

1 cup Cocoa Butter , grated

1/4 cup Coconut Oil

1/4 tsp. Vanilla

1/2 Cup Almond Oil

Instructions:

1.  Melt the cocoa butter and coconut oil in a double boiler or in bowl placed in a saucepan of boiling water.

2. When melted completely, add almond oil and vanilla.

3.  Chill in the refrigerator or freezer until slightly hardened (about 20-30 minutes)

4.  Whip with your hand mixer until smooth and creamy

5.  Place into a container.

6.  Makes about 1 cup

7.  It will harden a bit more due to the coconut oil.  Simply scoop some out and it will melt in your hand so that you can rub it into your skin.

homemade-lotion
It makes your skin feel so smooth and soft and it smells so yummy!  My husband who usually has nothing to do with my sugar scrubs uses this now on his hands at night!  But let’s just keep that between us…mmmkay?!

Coconut-oil-uses

if you would like to download these Whipped Body Butter Labels, click on the link below and follow the directions carefully.

{Whipped Body Butter Labels}

*If you are not a fan of The Idea Room on Facebook, you will need to click like first and become a fan. After you become a fan you will need to click on “Get your free gift” in the upper right hand corner of the Idea Room FB page and then click on “Previous Downloads”.

Other Idea Room Sugar Scrubs/Bath Salts you might be interested in checking out:

Grapefruit Sugar Scrub

Lavender Sugar Scrub

Frankincense Sugar Scrub

Myrrh Bath Salts

Homemade Bath Salts Recipe

Chocolate Sugar Scrub

Cinnamon Vanilla Sugar Scrub

Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub

Peppermint Sugar Foot Scrub

Candy Cane Sugar Scrub

Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub

Lemon Sugar Scrub

Brown Sugar Scrub

Citrus Bliss Sugar Scrub Cubes

Amy Huntley is the owner/author of The Idea Room. A mother of five, who enjoys sharing her love of all things creative in hopes of inspiring other women and families. Connect with her on Google+, or read more of her posts.

Comments

1. 1

What a great gift idea Amy!!

xxo

2. 3
    Manuela says:

Hey,i was wondering when to add vanilla…is it important? Becouse you have it in ingredients but can’t find it in instructions. :) Anyway i can’t wait to give this a try :) Thanks :)

3. 5

What a great idea Amy! This sounds wonderful!

4. 7

Where do you get your jars and labels from?

5. 9

Wow – look at that huge scrub list! Can’t wait to try out this body butter.

6. 11

I bet this smells crazy good! Pinning :)

7. 12

I make my own too! I live in this stuff and I can’t imagine how badly you all need it in Utah!

8. 14

Do you have to use the solid cocoa butter and grate it or can you use the cocoa butter lotion base?

• 15

You know…I am not sure. I used the solid cocoa butter. I imagine it would work but you might have to play with the ration of coconut oil and almond oil to make sure it comes out with a good consistency. You can always try a really small batch by cutting everything in half.

• 16

Thank you! where is the best place to get the butter? How about Shea butter, will it work the same

• 17

Try a baking or candy making supply store or online through Amazon. I am not sure about Shea butter, honestly. You could try it. If it has the same consistency it could work.

9. 18

Are these the Avery 2.5″ labels? I’m trying to purchase some labels so I can start printing :)

10. 21
    Cathy Hale says:

Do you have a scrub in this same scent? My son tried my scrub & thinks it will help his hands & I think this would be a better smell for a guy. lol Thanks, love all of your idea’s you are very talented & thanks for sharing with us.

• 22

I don’t…but all you need to do to create your own is to follow another scrub recipe (like the one your son tried if you used one of my recipes) and substitute the different ingredients. Use a coconut oil and then add some vanilla instead of the other essential oil. Should work like a charm.

11. 23
    Dianne D says:

Where do you find the cocoa butter. I remember using it as a teenager but that was years ago.

12. 25

Where do you purchase your cocoa butter?

• 26

I bought mine from Orson Gygi, but have also seen it online at Amazon. You could also find it in a specialty baking or candy making store.

13. 27
    Valerie says:

I love this site and this recipe! This will be my first try at making something like this and I am also wondering if you recommend a certain cocoa butter and where you get it and the coconut oil too. Thanks!

• 28

This was my first time using cocoa butter so I just picked some up at a local store that was recommended by one of the employees. The coconut oil is a large bottle that I buy from COSTCO.

14. 29

what happened to your camera? what is your new one??

15. 31

This looks like a great recipe to try – thanks! Would love to know what fonts you used on the label (or if you have a post that has your fav fonts). Love how it looks!

16. 32

I love the idea of making gifts instead of buying them. I used you candy cane sugar scrub last week for a friends birthday gift and it worked out great. I can’t wait to try this idea. I can already feel how good it will make my hands feel. I was looking for a small gift for the nurses I work with and dry hands are a big problem when you wash your hands or use hand sanitizer as often as we do. they will think I am a great manager when they get this. Thanks for the great idea.

17. 33
    Valerie W says:

Is the vanilla, vanilla extract or essential oil?

18. 37
    Lauren says:

So I made this yesterday and while I love the consistency and feel of it, it just smells weird! Ever since I bought my Cocoa Butter from online, it’s just smelled weird to me. Did I get a bad batch or does it normally have a funky scent to it? I added many drops of different oils and they are completely masked by the weird cocoa butter smell. Any tips or recommendations on where to get normal smelling cocoa butter? =)

• 38
      Lauren says:

I should add that my cocoa butter is hard….very hard. Not sure if that’s how it’s supposed to be. Kind of like a big wax chunk that I had to grate. It melted fine, just smelled weird!

• 39

Mine is hard but not terribly hard. It has a definite smell to it but not a weird smell. I wonder if the one you got was a bit spoiled or rancid. It should have a cocoa smell. The essential oils should blend with the cocoa smell…think mint chocolate or orange chocolate… I buy mine from a baking supply store. Maybe you could check there and compare to see if yours was bad. Sorry to hear that. You can switch to a shea butter or a mango butter if you can find them and like that smell better.

19. 40

I made this today and it looks oily vs white and whipped. What did I do wrong? I followed the directions and used exact amounts?

20. 41

Hi there. Simply needed to request a quick dilemma. I am just putting together my very own blog site and
    would want to learn exactly where you have the theme?

Was the idea cost-free? Or maybe has been the item paid out?
    I cannot appear to come across anything as well
    as that one, so with luck , you are able to let me understand.
    Cheers. PS, my personal apologies. The english language isn’t my very first language.

1. […] Whipped Body Butter from The Idea Room […]