I am really excited about today’s post! Still working with bad cell phone pictures…bear with me. My camera finally arrived and I am excited to start learning it. The bad pictures are killing me! First world problems. Anyways…winters are really dry here and I am loving this amazing Whipped Body Butter recipe I have been playing around with.
I finally got the right combination to make this smooth and creamy body butter. It was a lot of fun experimenting and was definitely out of my comfort zone. I did a bit of research first and found a lot of the same basic recipes but wanted to incorporate coconut oil. Coconut oil is such a great oil for your skin and is the main oil I have to use due to my food allergies.
1 cup Cocoa Butter , grated
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
1/4 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 Cup Almond Oil
1. Melt the cocoa butter and coconut oil in a double boiler or in bowl placed in a saucepan of boiling water.
2. When melted completely, add almond oil and vanilla.
3. Chill in the refrigerator or freezer until slightly hardened (about 20-30 minutes)
4. Whip with your hand mixer until smooth and creamy
5. Place into a container.
6. Makes about 1 cup
7. It will harden a bit more due to the coconut oil. Simply scoop some out and it will melt in your hand so that you can rub it into your skin.
It makes your skin feel so smooth and soft and it smells so yummy! My husband who usually has nothing to do with my sugar scrubs uses this now on his hands at night! But let’s just keep that between us…mmmkay?!
if you would like to download these Whipped Body Butter Labels, click on the link below and follow the directions carefully.
*If you are not a fan of The Idea Room on Facebook, you will need to click like first and become a fan. After you become a fan you will need to click on “Get your free gift” in the upper right hand corner of the Idea Room FB page and then click on “Previous Downloads”.
Other Idea Room Sugar Scrubs/Bath Salts you might be interested in checking out: