Last week some of my siblings and I, along with our parents and a few of our kids went up to a relative’s berry farm and picked some fresh raspberries. I LOVE me some fresh raspberries. I think they have to be one of my favorite fresh fruits, or at least right up there with fresh peaches and cherries! I used most of the raspberries we picked to make some Raspberry Jam (which I will share here soon), froze some for smoothies, and still had a few left over to sprinkle over our cereal and to throw in these yummy cookies.
I wanted to make some raspberry scones, but at the last minute decided to make up a batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies and throw in some of the fresh raspberries! Oh…My….Goodness! They are so good! The chocolate and the tangy raspberries make the perfect combination of sweet and tart when combined. I especially liked them when they were warm right out of the oven.
I simply made a few adjustments to one of our Chocolate Chip Cookie recipes and threw in some white chocolate chips along with the raspberries. I wanted the raspberries to remain as whole as possible instead of being smashed in the cookie, so I was very careful with the cookie dough. I made the dough all the way up and added the raspberries at the very end. I simply broke the dough apart and added a little at a time to a fresh bowl and then sprinkled the raspberries in the bowl in layers. Does that make sense?
Then when the scooped the cookie dough into balls, I scooped up some raspberries in each ball with an ice cream scoop, so that the raspberries were spread evenly to each cookie. If you don’t have access to fresh raspberries, you could just as easily use some frozen raspberries straight from the freezer.
Raspberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
5 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup raspberries
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Cream the butter & sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla and almond extract and mix well together.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add white & semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Place cookie dough into separate bowl by breaking into pieces and scatter the raspberries in the dough so they are distributed evenly and do not get smashed up.
- Scoop out cookie dough with a spoon or ice cream scoop making sure to grab a couple of raspberries for each cookie.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 12-15 minutes depending on how big you make your cookies.
The cookies should be golden brown on the edges and white an fluffy in the centers.10
- Cool on a baking rack.
- Makes about 48 cookies depending on the size.
These Chocolate Raspberry cookies are a fun and unique twist to the regular chocolate chip cookie! They will be gobbled up quickly though so be sure and pull some aside for yourself before your family and friends eat them all!
These would be fun to serve to your girlfriends at a Bridal or wedding shower…or serve at your book club meeting!
What are some of your favorite fresh fruits?
Join Us for New Ideas!