It’s hot out there! And you need a way to cool off that is tasty, refreshing and not a million calories…right?! If you love watermelon, you are going to love this refreshing Watermelon Sorbet Recipe. This is a perfect way to beat the heat this summer. Whip some up for an afternoon snack or to serve at a party or BBQ.
Watermelon Sorbet Recipe
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 cups watermelon
1. Cook the sugar, water and lemon juice together, stirring occasionally until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Remove from heat and chill.
3. Cut up the watermelon and remove all seeds.
4. Puree in a blender or food processor.
5. Stir into chilled syrup.
6. Freeze in an ice-cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
7. Pack into an airtight container and store in the freezer.
Serve this up immediately in small cups or bowls to your guests because that summer heat will melt this quickly! If you are looking for some more great summer recipes to cool you off, you may want to check out this Watermelon Slush Recipe I shared a couple of weeks ago.
Need some more cool and refreshing summer treats? Check out these past Idea Room recipes!