I had recently heard about using Essential Oils to make a Shower Bomb, so I did a little research and made my own.
They are so simple to make. Shower Bombs are made from Baking Soda, Water and Essential Oils (particularly Eucalyptus, Peppermint and Lavender). You are supposed to take a hot shower and place the Aromatherapy Shower Bomb in the corner of your shower so that is slowly breaks down and releases the oil vapors in the steamy shower.
They worked so well! My kids are still begging to use them.
We used all the Aromatherapy Shower Bombs I made using Eucalyptus, Peppermint and Lavender Essential Oils. So I decided to experiment and make some other Shower Bombs using different oils. I now have them in my bathroom waiting to be used when I need a little pick me up when I am tired or stressed!
Aromatherapy Shower Bombs
1 cup Baking Soda
1/4 cup to 1/3 cup water (depending on your humidity)
**3-4 drops of high quality Essential Oils (Add these at the VERY end of the process for best results)
- use 1-2 drops each of Eucalyptus, Peppermint and Lavender Oils
- or use other oils for different benefits
- Add the baking soda to a bowl and slowly add the water while stirring constantly. Add just enough water (between 1/4 and 1/3 cup of water) to make a thick paste.
- When you grab a handful of the paste, it should hold its shape when you squeeze it in your hand and should feel more dry than wet.
- Do not add too much water. If you do…just add a little more baking soda to the mix.
- Fill your molds (silicone flexible molds are the best so they can be removed easily as they can be a little crumbly) with the paste. Pack them down tightly. Let dry completely (this is crucial). Mine took a couple of days to get a nice solid shape. Or bake them in a low temperature oven (if your mold is oven safe) at 200 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes. Let cool.
- I used a mold similar to this one: Wilton Mini Silicone Mold
- Carefully remove from molds and store in an air tight container. Humidity will cause them to break down. Should be good up to a few weeks if stored correctly.
- **Add the essential oils to the shower bombs right before use in the shower or bath for best results!
Would you like to download and print these printable labels for your Shower Bombs? You can sign up to gain access to our exclusive printables for Idea Room Members:
*As always, these are provided for you for personal use only. Please do not re-sale these or use them in your craft fairs or etsy stores. Thanks!
If you like this post you may be interested in this Bath Bomb Recipe.
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Sign up for updates and get a free copy or our Sugar Scrubs eBook!