If I could only make one type of dessert for the rest of my life, I would have to pick a cookie. I love how versatile you can be with cookies. So many delicious options and flavor combinations to choose from in one delicious “bite size” serving. These Butter Cookies are my latest cookie obsession that I wanted to share with you.
These are so simple to make and are made with a box of yellow cake mix which is sometimes a fast and easy way to whip up some cookies when you might not have enough time to whip up cookies from scratch (although…it honestly doesn’t take that much longer).
1/2 cup softened butter
8 oz cream cheese
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 yellow cake mix box
1 cup of powdered sugar
- Combine butter, cream cheese, egg and vanilla in a bowl and use mixer until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the dry cake mix until the dough becomes thick but smooth.
- Pour powdered sugar into a separate bowl, set aside.
- Scoop a spoonful of the cookie dough and roll into a ball, then dip in the powdered sugar until fully covered. If you want easier dough to work with for rolling, chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place cookie balls on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
Watch the Butter Cookie Recipe Video here:
Did you like this recipe? I would love for you to share it! Thanks! xo
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Sign up for updates and get a free copy or our Sugar Scrubs eBook!