I tried this Chocolate Peanut Butter Scotcheroos Recipe when I was a young kid at my friend’s house. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I had never had a rice krispie treat so decadent and rich. They made our regular rice krispie treats seem boring. My mom got the recipe and we have been making them in my family ever since.
The good thing about these rice krispie bars is that because they are so rich, you only need a small little piece to satisfy your sweet tooth. So we tend to cut them into small pieces which makes them last a lot longer or we can share them with more people.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Scotcheroos
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup Karo Syrup
1 cup Peanut Butter (smooth)
3/4 bag of Butterscotch Chips
6 cups of Rice Krispies Cereal
1/2 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Melt the sugar, Karo Syrup, Peanut Butter and Butterscotch Chips in a large sauce pan on Medium heat on the stove top.
- When the mixture is smooth and creamy, remove from the heat and stir in the Rice Krispies. Stir so that they are all evenly covered.
- Spread the mixture into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Immediately pour the Chocolate Chips and spread out evenly on the top of the Rice Krispie mixture. Let the chocolate chips melt due to the heat from the mixture. Take a rubber spatula and spread the melted chocolate over the entire top.
- Pop into the fridge to let the chocolate harden and set up before serving.
You will definitely need to eat one with a tall glass of ice cold milk. So be sure to have some ready when you make them. Have you ever tried them? Go ahead and make some!
Thanks so much for stopping by! xoxo
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Sign up for updates and get a free copy or our Sugar Scrubs eBook!