One of our family’s favorite Breakfast Recipes are these Homemade French Toast Sticks. They are so easy to make and the whole family loves them. I think one of the things they love about them is that that get to dunk them in a little bowl of maple syrup. What is not to love about that?
This recipe is one that I will also pull out when we have company! It’s a little bit more fun to eat than your traditional French Toast! I always like to make sure and use Texas Toast for this because it makes your French Toasts sticks thicker and more substantial than a regular slice of bread. Texas Toast can be found in most grocery stores in the bread section.
Serve it up with some fresh fruit or a side of bacon and you have a winner! Sprinkle with some powdered sugar (or leave them plain). This meal can be on the table in 30 minutes from start to finish! I love fast and easy…don’t you?
French Toast Sticks
8 slices thick-cut Texas toast
4 large eggs
1 cup heavy cream
2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
unsalted butter, for cooking
- Cut each slice of Texas toast into four sticks. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla. Dip each piece of bread in the egg mixture, turning to coat it on all sides so that it’s well-saturated with the custard.
- Shake off any excess and place the coated bread on a large plate or baking dish. Repeat the dipping process with the remaining pieces of bread.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and add 2 to 3 tablespoons of butter. Once the butter has melted, place several of the coated sticks in a single layer in the pan.
- Cook until golden brown on one side then flip and continue cooking until the sticks are golden brown and slightly crisped on all edges.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup in small sauce cups for dipping.
- Serve with fresh fruit and berries if desired.
This weekend we are going to be making some! I like to make a lot of it and then save several for later. Then the kids can stick them in the microwave for a few seconds and enjoy a super quick breakfast! This is so nice on those hectic school mornings!
Will you make some? Thanks for stopping by! xoxo
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Sign up for updates and get a free copy or our Sugar Scrubs eBook!