We LOVE some Guacamole at our house! Like really love it! It is one of the kids favorite Sunday night snacks. So we make it quite a bit. This is one of our favorite recipes. My kids don’t like it very spicy so I leave a couple of things out of the original recipe, but I will include them in the recipe so if you like it spicy, you can add them in.
We also love to eat these with the new thin Tortilla Chips from Tostitos, and boy howdy…they are delicious. They are almost as good as our favorite thin chips from Chili’s…almost!
3 Haas avocados, halved, de-seeded and peeled
1 fresh lime, juiced (or 1/2 Tablespoon Lime Juice)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (we leave this out)
1/2 teaspoon cayenne (we leave this out)
1/2 medium onion, diced
1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (we leave this out)
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
1. Cut avocados in half and remove the pits. Scoop out of the peel and place in a medium bowl.
2. Cover avocados with the lime juice.
3. Smash avocados with a potato masher or a fork to your desired consistency. We like our pretty smooth, with just a few small clumps of avocado.
4. Fold in the other ingredients.
5. Let sit in an airtight container for about an hour to take on the flavor of the spices.
6. Add the tomatoes before serving. Then serve with your favorite chips.
We add the tomatoes to the top or leave them on the side and don’t mix it in because we have a couple who will not eat tomatoes… This way everyone is happy.
For a printable version of this recipe to go in your Printable Recipe Book you can find it by going here:
*If you are not a fan of The Idea Room on Facebook, you will need to click like first and become a fan. After you become a fan you will need to click on “Get your free gift” in the upper right hand corner of the Idea Room FB page and then click on “Previous
Printable Guacamole Recipe (coming soon)
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Sign up for updates and get a free copy or our Sugar Scrubs eBook!