If you make one new recipe in the next few days…this one should be it! These Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes with Homemade Blueberry Syrup are so good. They are the perfect pancake recipe which are great served for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner! My family loves when we have breakfast for dinner and these Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes are at the top of the list!
Light and fluffy with a hint of lemon these pancakes will be your new favorite. I made them in the middle of the day to share here with you and then happily ate them for lunch before the kids got home from school. Luckily there were some left over for the kids and husband to enjoy.
They are so simple to make and can be whipped up and on the table in less than 30 minutes. So when you need a quick and simple weeknight dinner recipe, or have a bunch of family to feed in the morning, these pancakes are going to be your saving grace.
Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes
1¼ cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup cottage cheese
2 large eggs
½ cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon canola oil
½ tablespoon poppy seeds
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together cottage cheese, eggs,, lemon juice, and canola oil.
- Fold the wet batter into the dry mix until smooth, and then stir in the poppy seeds
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking oil and heat over medium. Drop ⅓ cup of the batter onto the well-heated pan and cook until set on one side (about 3-4 minutes) and then flip to cook on the other side (about 2-3 more minutes).
- Respray the pan and reduce heat to medium-low to cook the remaining pancakes.
- Serve the pancakes with the blueberry sauce on top.
1½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about ½ lemon)
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 cups blueberries
¼ cup sugar
2 tablespoons water
¼ teaspoon salt
Directions Blueberry Syrup:
- Mix together the lemon juice and cornstarch in a small bowl until well-combined and set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the blueberries, sugar, water, and salt over high heat.
- Bring to a boil for a minute, then reduce to a simmer and stir in the lemon juice mixture. Continue to simmer until reduced and thickened, about 5 minutes.
You can of course use regular syrup on these Lemon Pancakes, but you are not going to want to miss out on this amazing Homemade Blueberry Syrup. You will never go back to using plain old maple syrup again! And the syrup is so easy to make. Your family will think you are the best cook ever…and it can be our little secret!
Now go make some!
Thanks for stopping by! xoxo
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Sign up for updates and get a free copy or our Sugar Scrubs eBook!