Are you hosting Thanksgiving this year? If not, I have a simple and easy Thanksgiving Hostess Gift for you. This is definitely not a NEW idea…but simply a twist on an old standby gift…but in a pretty package.
Now, I am personally not a drinker…but we do like a good sparkling cider drink. Either way, you can wrap up the bottled beverage of your choice and gift it to your Thanksgiving Hostess.
This wine bottle gift bag could NOT be any simpler to make. As I have shared with you before…I am not the best seamstress in the world. But…I can sew a straight line. If you can sew a straight line…or if you are willing to learn how to sew a straight line, this is a project you CAN do!
I took a canvas paint drop cloth (weird…I know)…but I had some left over from these earlier projects…Thanksgiving Table Linens, Monogrammed Table Runner and an upcoming project for Lowe’s (which I can’t post just yet). Canvas Drop Cloths are really inexpensive too…or you can pick up some linen (or the fabric of your choice) at your local fabric store.
Monogrammed Wine Gift Bag Instructions:
1. Cut a piece of fabric that measures 12.5 inches (for the bottle height) x 11 inches (for the bottle width).
*If your bottle is wider than normal you will need to add some inches to the width.
2. Fold the material in half with the wrong side of the fabric out.
3. Sew 1/4 inch seam along the bottom and the side of the bag. Be sure to backstitch at each end and the corner to reinforce the seams.
4. Turn the bag inside out. Fold down the top of the bag 1/4 inch and pin so that the raw edge is inside the top of the bag.
5. Sew along the folded edge around the entire top of the bag. This will give you a nice finished edge.
*If you want it extra nice…roll the edge twice and iron before sewing.
6. Iron the bag…which of course I clearly did not do…
7. Print out a Monogram Letter of your choice. To access the free Monogram Letters click the link below:
*If you are not a fan of The Idea Room on Facebook, you will need to click like first and become a fan. After you become a fan you will need to click on “Get your free gift” in the upper right hand corner of the Idea Room FB page and then click on “Previous Downloads”.
8. Cut out the stencil. If you want a black circle like I have (or another color) you will need to cut out the black area. Tape your stencil in place. Stencil your black paint onto the bag. I stenciled mine about 4-5 inches from the bottom of the bag.
OR…use the stencil with some tracing paper to trace it onto the bag and then hand paint the monogram onto the bottle gift bag.
*Try measuring where you want the stencil by putting the bottle in the bag first to see where it will fall.
Now you have a beautiful gift bag for your Thanksgiving gift.
And…I am also sharing these Thanksgiving Gift Tags. Simply print them out and add a little bit of glitter to the wreath. You can also use these gift tags with ANY Thanksgiving Gift you might be giving out this Thanksgiving!