Candy Cane Pancakes
- 2 cups all purpos flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies or 2–3 drops of peppermint oil
- 2–3 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Mix together sugar, baking powder, eggs, salt, milk and butter.
- Split batter in half and place into two separate bowls.
- Add the chocolate chips to one bowl of batter.
- Add the peppermint (crushed or oil or both) and the red food coloring if desired.
- Make up each bowl of pancake batter separately so you have peppermint pancakes and the white chocolate chip pancakes.
- Cook on greased griddle at about 350 degrees.
- Flip over when bubbles show up on the surface of the pancake.
- Cook on the other side for another couple of minutes.
- Serve with your favorite syrup and a dollop of whipped cream and crushed peppermint.