With the Christmas and Holiday Season upon us, I am always looking for great recipes and gift ideas to share with family and friends. These Homemade Caramels are so easy to make and better yet…are so yummy!
The best thing about this Homemade Caramel Recipe is that they only take about 6 minutes to make…in the microwave! Can you believe it? These Homemade Caramels could NOT be any easier to make.
If you are new to making Homemade Candy, this should be your first Candy Recipe. They can be eaten almost immediately if you want to dip some apples in it (it hardens quickly) or wait for them to harden.
Wrap them up in some parchment paper and give them to your friends and family for a special Christmas gift…or take the caramel squares and dip them in chocolate. They last for up to a month if wrapped or stored in the refrigerator. They will get soft if left at room temperature.
As always, do NOT double the batch if you are wanting to make more. Candy recipes in my experience need to be made in single batches for best results. So make one batch at a time if you want them to turn out correctly. Do NOT substitute margarine, or a butter spread for Butter.
Homemade Caramel Recipe
1/4 cup Butter
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Light Corn Syrup
1/2 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Combine all ingredients into a large microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave ingredients for two minutes.
- Remove the bowl and stir together well.
- Microwave for another two minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and stir again.
- Microwave for two minutes more. (6 minutes total).
- Stir together.
- Pour into a greased 8×8 pan.
- Let set. When ready cut into squares and roll in wax paper (parchment paper) squares tied off with baking twine. Or serve as Caramel squares or dipped in chocolate.
- Or use immediately to dip pretzels or apples in.
I created some FREE Printable Labels if you want to make some and give them as a gift this Holiday Season. To access the Homemade Caramels Printable Label, simply click on the link below.
*As always, these printable labels are for your personal use only. Please do not repost them or sell them on your sites or craft fairs, etc. This is how I am able to continue to share free content with you.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.