If you have not had a Navajo Taco before, you might want to give them a try. We don’t eat them very often because we are trying to move away from fried foods, but when we make them…the kids have been known to give an energetic arm pump accompanied by a “YES! You are the best Mom!”
Forgive the terrible lighting…and the unappetizing photos…it takes some real talent to take great food photography shots and apparently I have a few things to learn. But don’t let the picture fool you…these are super tasty.
Navajo Tacos Fry Bread Recipe
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup powdered milk
1/4 t salt
- Combine the ingredients and slowly add enough warm water to form a dough.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough until it is smooth soft and not sticky.
- Cover and let rest 1 hour.
- Shape into small balls and pat into flat circles about 1/4-1/2 inch thick. Set aside.
- In skillet, heat 1/2 inch oil (we LOVE using Coconut oil) on a medium heat.
- Brown dough circles on each side and drain on paper towels.
Add any of the following toppings and enjoy your yummy dinner!
Ground Beef or Turkey
Have you ever tried Navajo Tacos? Are you a fan?
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.