Today I thought I would share with you TWO fun little Halloween ideas. They go hand in hand, but can be used together or in two different ways. I created a Build A Monster Game that can also be used as a Halloween Gift.
Do you remember playing with Mr. Potato Head when you were a kid? I LOVED that toy! This is a fun little twist on that idea, but instead of building a potato….we are building Monsters out of Play Dough and some Monster Body Parts! How fun is that?!
Give the Build a Monster Play Dough Gift Kit to your grandkids, kids or neighbors! It’s a fun non-candy Halloween Gift idea!
AND…you can also use these same printables to create a fun Build a Monster Game. This game would be perfect to play at a Classroom Halloween Party or a Halloween Party at your home…or just play it with the kids on a regular day!
I made it so that you could play it with or without the play dough. The play dough makes it a little more fun and creative for little and big kids when they are building their monsters! If you don’t have play dough or don’t want to make any, you can simply use the Monster Body Parts to build a monster right on the printable game cards.
1. Print the following FREE Printables by clicking on the links below:
*As always, these printables are provided to you free and are for your personal use only. Please do not repost, share or sell these on your sites and etsy shops. Thank You!
3. Cut out the body parts.
4. If you are going to be using them for the Gift Kit or to play the Build a Monster Game with Play Dough, you will need to glue each part onto a toothpick (arms and horns) and a flat thumb tack or a nail with a large flat head (other body parts). I used E6000 glue! (Of course…I didn’t have any thumb tacks on hand…but I did have these nails that worked great!)
Craft everything up and give it away as a gift or play the game together for some family fun time. Just be careful if you are playing with young kids. Be sure to supervise them at all times if they will be handling the small pieces and sharp tacks etc.
Need a recipe to make the BEST Homemade Play Dough Recipe ever? I have shared this recipe on The Idea Room several times in the past. But I will share it here again so that everything you need for this project is right here! Seriously though…the play dough is so soft, smooth and smells delicious!
Homemade Play Dough Recipe
1 cup flour
1/4 cup salt
2 tablespoons cream of tartar
1 package unsweetened Kool-Aid or food color/essential oils
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup water
- Mix flour, salt, cream of tartar and Kool-Aid in a medium pot.
- Add water and oil.
- Stir over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes.
- When mixture forms a ball in pot, remove.
- Knead until smooth.
- Play and explore with this fragrant, brightly colored dough as you would any play dough.
- Put in a plastic bag and refrigerate to store.
How to Play Build a Monster:
This game is pretty easy. Each player rolls one dice on their turn. The number of the dice corresponds with a body part. Everyone takes turns until someone has completed their monster. The first person to build their monster wins the game. If someone rolls a 6 on the dye, they will need to remove one monster body part of their choice. This will complete their turn and the next player will go.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.