This time of year Peppermint seems to be a favorite with my family. This Peppermint Cheesecake is delicious. We like to call it Candy Cane Cheesecake because this time of year it is more fun and festive to sprinkle crushed candy canes on the top and serve it at your holiday party.
If you love Peppermint and Cheesecake, you are going to love this combination. To make it a little extra fancy, drizzle a little bit of chocolate syrup over the cheesecake before adding some fresh whipped cream and then topping it all with crushed candy canes.
This is a recipe that your guests will ask for again and again.
Candy Cane Cheesecake Bars
3/4 cup graham crackers crumbs
1/4 cup butter, melted
16 oz packages cream cheese, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
3 eggs, room temperature
1/4 cup half and half
3-6 drops peppermint oil
- Heat the oven to 325F. Line a 8X8 square baking pan with parchment paper or pan liner leaving about 2 inch hanging on the sides. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. With your fingers press it evenly on the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- While it is in the fridge, make the cheesecake filling.
- In a mixing bowl, add the cream cheese and sugar, beat on low speed until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the eggs, one at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula after each addition.
- Pour in the half and half and peppermint oil.
- With a spatula fold in the chopped candy canes.
- Pour the filling onto the cheesecake crust.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 40 minutes. Turn off the oven, slightly open the oven’s door and let the cheesecake cool in the oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and chill in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- To decorate, remove the cheesecake from the pan using the foil.
Serves about 16.
Loved this recipe? Pin it and save it for later! Thanks! xo
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.