I love fresh fruit and love to find ways to use it as “treats” and “desserts” in place of traditional desserts. I feel like I can still enjoy something sweet without feeling like I need to go and run a marathon afterwards. These Chocolate Crepes with Fresh Fruit are a great way to enjoy something sweet as a dessert. But they also can make a great breakfast or brunch
They are pretty simple to make and you can totally customize them to fit your tastes. Fill the Chocolate Crepes with fresh raspberries, strawberries, kiwis, blackberries and blueberries. Then drizzle with your favorite whipping cream or yogurt. For a dessert, we have used whipping cream (or my favorite Coconut Whipped Cream for those of you who want a non-dairy option)
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, whisk together milk, eggs, flour, cocoa powder, sugar, vanilla and salt on medium speed until smooth.
- Transfer bowl to refrigerator and let sit 30 minutes.
- Pour ¼ to ½ cup batter onto heated pan.
- Cook on medium heat until cooked through.
- Flip over and cook on other side.
- Fill with your favorite fillings and serve warm.
Like this? Save it and pin it for later! Thanks!
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.