I feel like I have been sharing a lot of recipes here lately…and I think it is related to the change in weather here. Things have gotten really fall and crisp like here in the mornings and evenings and that always has me feeling like baking. It might also have to do with the fact that I have two growing boys who are eating us out of house and home. So, at their request, I made some Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake on one of our Sundays home together. This is one of our favorites and doesn’t last very long.
Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
1 cup yogurt (vanilla or plain)
1 cup sour cream
2 tsp. vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
¼ cup butter
½ cup flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. salt
½ cup brown sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10 inch bundt pan.
- Mix together the dry ingredients and set aside.
- Combine sugar, eggs, sour cream, yogurt, and vanilla extract and beat together until well combined.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture of dry ingredients until well incorporated.
- Pour half of the batter into your bundt pan.
- Add the layer of streusel topping.
- Place the rest of the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes depending on your oven and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
My two boys devoured this cake…sigh!
And…if you want, you can add a glaze icing to the bundt cake. You don’t really need it…but it sure makes the cake extra pretty and it tastes pretty great too! This can be made by mixing some confectioner’s sugar (powdered sugar) with a little bit of milk until you have the consistency that you want, then simply drizzle it over a cold cake so that it doesn’t soak into the cake.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.