I started putting up the Valentine’s Day Decorations yesterday. Do you decorate your home for Valentine’s Day? Have you started decorating yet?
Today, I am sharing with you a FREE Printable Valentine’s Day Banner so that you can make one too! I decided to use Burlap, but you can use whatever medium you prefer….canvas, colored card stock or scrap book paper or even plain white card stock will work just as well for this simple DIY project. Sometimes I just love a great craft project…don’t you?
I also quickly threw up a simple Pom Pom Bunting. I simply took a piece of gold thread and strung some red pom poms on it with a large needle. I love the fun pop of red color the it adds to the hutch and the decor.
To recreate this project you will need the following:
Fabric Paints in Black, Red, & White
Paint Brush or Stencil Brush
1. Print out the Valentine’s Day Banner Templates by clicking on the links below:
2. Cut out the patterns in the freezer paper so you can stencil the paint onto the burlap (or other material). Be sure that the shiny side of the freezer paper is face down. This is the sticky side that needs to adhere to the material after ironing.
3. Iron the freezer paper onto your burlap or other material.
4. Stencil the letters and hearts with the fabric paints and then let dry completely.
6. Carefully peel off the freezer paper and attach flags to the twine.
7. Hang on a mantle or wall to display your new Valentine’s Day Banner!
I Love the texture of the burlap with this banner, especially against the mostly white hutch background! Be sure to come back for a few more Valentine’s Day ideas I have to share with you!
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.