I am so excited to share this delicious Frozen Brazilian Lemonade with you today! This is by far one of my favorite drinks…we make it on special occasions…both the frozen and non-frozen version…but I think it tastes better frozen. These are non-alcoholic because I don’t drink alcohol, but they can be easily adapted if you want to add something for yourself.
Our favorite recipe is from Our Best Bites. Have you seen their site? They share so many delicious recipes! You should totally check them out! To make the Brazilian Lemonade a “slushy” version, we modified the recipe a bit.
You will be using Fresh Limes for this. Try to pick limes that are thin skinned and juicy. These tend to be sweeter and give you a sweeter drink, the thick skinned limes tend to be a bit more bitter. You will also be using the entire lime…so you will need to have a very high-powered blender so you don’t burn up the motor. Be sure to thoroughly wash your limes to remove dirt and pesticides from the skin of the lime.
You will need about 40 medium size ice cubes. I used the cubes from my automatic ice maker in my refrigerator. So you may have to experiment a little bit to see what size your ice cubes are. Try adding in fewer ice cubes and then add more if needed.
Frozen Brazilian Lemonade
4 juicy limes (try and find ones with thin, smooth skins)
1 cup sugar
3 cups cold water
40 medium size ice cubes
6 Tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- Mix cold water and sugar very well and chill until ready to use.
- Wash limes thoroughly with dish soap or fruit wash…you will be using the WHOLE lime.
- Cut the ends off the limes and then cut each lime into 8ths.
- Place 1/2 of the limes in your blender.
- Add 1/2 of the sugar water, place the lid on your blender, and pulse 5 times.
- Place a fine-mesh strainer over a pitcher (the one you’ll serve the lemonade in) and pour the blended mixture through the strainer and into the pitcher.
- Use a spoon to press the rest of the liquid into the pitcher. Dump the pulp and stuff in the strainer into the trash.
- Repeat with remaining limes and sugar water.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and ice and blend together.
- Taste test it…if it’s bitter, just add some more sugar. Add more water or ice if needed to get a good consistency.
Serve immediately. Serves 6-8 people.
*recipe adapted from Our Best Bites
These are so yummy! They are the perfect to serve at a BBQ on a hot summer day or just as a treat when need need something sweet! Have you ever tried Brazilian Lemonade? I think this is one that you will really enjoy!
Save this recipe by pinning it for later! Thanks!
If you liked this post, you may enjoy some of these other Idea Room posts: