This Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix is pretty darn tasty and is just what you need if it has turned cold where you live. I also think it makes a pretty Holiday Gift idea don’t you?
It is definitely winter here. When the season changes my body takes a while to adjust. We had such a nice, warm fall that when the temperatures dropped suddenly a couple of weeks ago, I have had a hard time adjusting. I have had a craving from delicious Hot Cocoa recipes, cozy socks and warm, fluffy blankets. So of course my mind has been on such things.
Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix
Want To Make Your Holiday Planning EASY And ORGANIZED?
Check Out Our CHRISTMAS ESSENTIALS
1 cup of powdered milk
1 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup of sugar
a pinch of salt
⅓ cup chocolate chips
8-10 pieces of peppermint candy (candy canes), crushed
a handful of mini marshmallows
*1 wide mouth quart canning jar (optional)
- Make sure jar is clean and sterilized in dishwasher and completely dry.
- Add powdered milk to jar and jiggle it slightly so that it lays flat.
- Add the next layer of cocoa powder. To prevent the sides of your jar from getting powder on them (which will result in a less pretty appearance for you layers) use a funnel and add it slowly. Spread out the layer evenly with a small spatula.
- Wash the funnel and dry. Add the layer of sugar.
- Add the salt. Smooth out the layer.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Add the crushed candy.
- Add as many marshmallows as needed to fill the rest of the jar.
To use, simply mix the entire contents together and add ⅓ to ¼ cup of the Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix to a cup of hot water and enjoy!
And of course I am sharing the printable Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix Labels. To get them to download, simply click on the link below. I printed them on a tan colored card stock if you want them to be like mine in the photo.
*Remember all my printables are for your personal use only. Do not sell or repost them on your own sites. This is how I am able to keep them free of charge. Please send friends and family here to this post to print out their own instead of sharing them. Thank you!
Like this post? I would love for you to pin it! Thanks!
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.