Today I am sharing with you how to make custom gift wrap. This is so easy to make and is a fun way to create some fun, and unique gift wrap…and it is easier than you might think. I thought it would be fun to make some DIY Heart Paper and wrap up a little Valentine’s Day gift for a friend and this heart paper adds a little extra personal touch.
To get started, you will need the following materials:
Colored Tissue Paper (I used pink and red)
- Cut out hearts (or whatever shape you want) in your colored tissue paper.
- Take a large sheet of freezer paper (enough for your gift wrap) and place it shiny side up.
- Place your cut out tissue hearts onto the shiny side of the freezer paper and spread out in a pattern you like.
- Take a sheet of parchment paper and place it carefully on top of the hearts on the freezer paper.
- Iron the parchment paper. The parchment paper will prevent the sticky substance on the freezer paper from getting on your iron. The tissue hearts will adhere to the freezer paper from the heat of the iron. *Be sure to turn off the steam setting on the iron.
- Iron the entire paper and let cool.
- Your wrap is ready to be used.
Sharing a quick video tutorial for those of you who learn better seeing something done… :)!
Recipe for this delicious Raspberry Lemon Quick Bread coming soon! It’s quite tasty!!
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you printables, recipes and creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.