One of our family’s tried and true recipes is this delicious Manicotti recipe. It is such a simple dinner to make and can be on your table in less than an hour. We don’t make it a ton because it is full of cheese, but when we the kids see it on the Chalkboard Menu or see me making it, they always get excited!
Sometimes, if I have a little time I will make my own Red Sauce…but most of the times I will use a bottle of our favorite prepared Spaghetti Sauce. This makes it super easy!
1 pint part-skim Ricotta cheese
8 ounces Mozzarella cheese, shredded
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 teaspoon Parsley, chopped
1-2 cups fresh baby Spinach
salt to taste
black pepper to taste
1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce or homemade sauce
5 1/2 ounces manicotti pasta
- Cook manicotti in boiling water until done. Drain, and rinse with cold water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella, and 1/2 cup Parmesan, eggs, parsley, and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour 1/2 cup sauce into an 11×17 inch baking dish. Fill each manicotti shell with 3 tablespoons cheese mixture, and arrange over sauce . Pour remaining sauce over top, and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until bubbly.
To make filling the noodles an easy process, simply place your cheese mixture in a Ziploc or frosting baggie (cut the tip off if needed) and then squeeze the filling into the noodles one at a time. As you can see, I don’t fill the noodles all the way full. This way I can get twice as many noodles in the pan. My husband also doesn’t like the noodles totally stuffed. He likes more noodle to cheese ratio.
This time I didn’t end up using fresh spinach because I didn’t have any…but it is always delicious to throw some spinach in your cheese mixture (chopped) or on top of the noodles and then cover with sauce!
Serve with a fresh green salad and some veggies and some Garlic Bread and you have a pretty tasty and easy dinner idea!
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.